Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

My truck wants to breathe!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:15 PM   #1
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
My truck wants to breathe!!!

Hey there everybody, I recently just put on the TRD S/C And i am wanting some exhaust to match with it. Is there any special kind of exhaust to use with the forced injection engines for the most power. I have been looking at the URD 3 inch, and it says that it works best for supercharged applications, but is it that superior to say the TRD exhaust. I have been looking at headers, but i am in Cali and the CARB regulations are bad, so unless i find a super deal on some long tubes, i would get the short tubes because they are CARB approved.
Here is my beast now

PS I already have AEM CAI and the URD Maf cal
Old 02-22-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Get any exhaust you want. You still have the urd maf installed with the s/c? Everyone who had the urd maf then went with the s/c removed it.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
Get any exhaust you want. You still have the urd maf installed with the s/c? Everyone who had the urd maf then went with the s/c removed it.
But no brands or piping sizes are better then others.

Yes i do have the maf still installed is it a bad thing?
Old 02-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
I'd personally recomend the URD, Flowmaster turbo Series (or super40), or a Borla setup.

2.25 into the Muffler, 2.5 going out

or

2.5 into the muffler, 3 out (or 2.75)

NICE SC!
I want one on my truck.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpyderguyx View Post
I'd personally recomend the URD, Flowmaster turbo Series (or super40), or a Borla setup.

2.25 into the Muffler, 2.5 going out

or

2.5 into the muffler, 3 out (or 2.75)

NICE SC!
I want one on my truck.
Thanks for the info, doode if you get a chance or a good deal snag one, they make the truck so much fun. I was never planning on SCing it but i got such a good deal
Old 02-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
URD full 3 inch witth DTLT Headers FTW!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
you will not see benifits from an exhaust as a turbo'd car/truck will, as the s/c is belt driven.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
you will not see benifits from an exhaust as a turbo'd car/truck will, as the s/c is belt driven.
that whole statement is full of fail. Of course exhaust helps to get everything out faster no matter if your stock or have a f/i system.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #9
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
how is that fail? i simply stated he will not see benifits from an exhaust as a turbo'd vehicle will.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #10
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
how is that fail? i simply stated he will not see benifits from an exhaust as a turbo'd vehicle will.
Your right. But the fact is, he will see benefits from getting an exhaust setup. I got a flowmaster 40 series on my truck with new piping and I noticed a big difference in acceleration and a slight inrease in power.

(2.25 in, 2.5 out)

Any exhaust setup is a 5-10 hp increase. (Headers obviously would help alot too)
Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #11
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Get a full 3" catback if you can. The URD 3" CBE is a great setup especially for boost. Stock size is too small for boost

Quote:
Why does turbo or not matter? I think you might be confused on the purpose of the exhaust system.

boost = more air. you still need to get that air out, via the exhaust. more intake needs more exhaust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpyderguyx View Post
Your right. But the fact is, he will see benefits from getting an exhaust setup. I got a flowmaster 40 series on my truck with new piping and I noticed a big difference in acceleration and a slight inrease in power.

(2.25 in, 2.5 out)

Any exhaust setup is a 5-10 hp increase. (Headers obviously would help alot too)
2.25" in is too small for boost. He should do 2.5"-3" if possible for best performance.

With boost, you will see more gains with a good exhaust setup then you would on a N/A setup.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 PM   #12

Yea, I think i am going to get the URD one thanks everybody, has anybody else heard of removing the Maf cal with the sc
Old 02-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #13
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think you just like posting that damn picture of your S/C to make the rest of us jealous.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #14

u know what they say, gotta keep people interested
Old 02-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #15
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Yea, has anybody else heard of removing the Maf cal with the sc
I'm not sure? I was wondering that myself. I am thinking about putting a s/c on mine this summer and didnt know if i should remove my maf cal.? Maybe you should give Gadget a call. I know when i bought my maf cal he told me if i planned on getting a s/c that i should get the maf cal that has timing control? but i was on the fence back then. Oh and get some headers and the urd exhaust.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #16
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Now I NEED a SC! AHHHH When can I stop spending money!?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #17
Team Wonderbread
Tugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the roughTugboatdude is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jim
Tugboatdude's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^ HaHa NEVER!!!!!