Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Wow

Old 04-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOROCK View Post
THESE ARE GREAT!!! Holy crap just replaced spark plugs and went on a test drive part # E3.68

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/catalog.htm

i got them thru advanced auto!! smooth!!! and cheap
i've got some of those in my lawn mower/weed eaters. didnt think about auto use
Old 04-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
How much?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
How much?
Let's try this once again.......
Old 04-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Let's try this once again.......
they're 5.99 each in jcwhitney
Old 04-10-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
bite me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
they're 5.99 each in jcwhitney
Thanks!
Old 04-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #8
TACOROCK is an unknown quantity at this point

TACOROCK's Tacoma Gallery
hey bro!

humanoid!! you need to learn a lil respect bud!!! i didnt see your question or i would have answered it! you think everyone on here is here for you !>? not only that pal but you should probably call yourself and see how much they are for your 99 yota!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
no_werries will become famous soon enough

no_werries's Tacoma Gallery
just replaced mine with NGK Iridum, sometimes I just like the finer things in life!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:32 PM   #11

really, what kind of difference do you notice I have the 2.7, and havent gone any long drive yet, but I will be going home back north tomorrow night (4 hour drive) I usualy burn 3/8 a tank mostly hwy miles probably averging about 110 km/h going home.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #12

smooth

no really it is smooth they are nice as hell i had spark knock with my iridiums... and my sc. so i went to these they are great... i swear this is the first time my scan gauge had ever said 24 mpg. lol well if i drive like a granny i'll save alot of gas change em out for the drive back... and you can be our long distance write up.. they arent expensive in comparrison to the ngk's! they are actually cheaper.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #13

yeh, it will be a while befor I go investing in new plugs, it is a serious rip off buying auto parts in canada, i need head into detroit sometime soon!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_werries View Post
yeh, it will be a while befor I go investing in new plugs, it is a serious rip off buying auto parts in canada, i need head into detroit sometime soon!
risking ur life to go into detroit isnt worth cheaper prices...haha...but i need to get some plugs since i'm at my 30k service.

hey tacorock, how easy/hard to get to those plugs on the drivers side and how to get the packs off?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:33 AM   #15

ehhhh

not so bad.. a lil frustrating for me on the passengers side... cause of the SC. but i give it a 5 of 10.. messed up spots to get your sausage fingers in and chunks taken out of your knuckles!!! but all and all it took me about an hour and a half!
Old 04-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #16

just got home from a 4 hour trip (around 400 km), burnt about a
1/4 - 3/8 tank a gas! And I get a lil heavy footing trying to make my way onto the 401, most my shifts for about half the trip were being made between 3-5rpm (all on 100km/h hwys), the odd time redlining because my music was to loud and wasnt really paying attention to shifting! For the rest i was takin it easy shifting into second around 3500, then shifitng through the rest of the gears at 2500-3000!

should also note that 3 hours of this driver are non stop for me, i can usually leave it in 5th doing 120-130 km/h for the whole time gettin great mileage!
Old 04-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_werries View Post
just got home from a 4 hour trip (around 400 km), burnt about a
1/4 - 3/8 tank a gas! And I get a lil heavy footing trying to make my way onto the 401, most my shifts for about half the trip were being made between 3-5rpm (all on 100km/h hwys), the odd time redlining because my music was to loud and wasnt really paying attention to shifting! For the rest i was takin it easy shifting into second around 3500, then shifitng through the rest of the gears at 2500-3000!

should also note that 3 hours of this driver are non stop for me, i can usually leave it in 5th doing 120-130 km/h for the whole time gettin great mileage!
u need to speak in terms everyone can understand....MPH...lol
Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 PM   #18
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hey hodge........just did my 30k last weekend. the spark plugs on the pass. side were cake man........10, maybe 15 minutes for the passenger side.....driver side was a PITA........barely room to unplug the coil pack near the front, so it took about 30 minutes or so. other than that.....get a long extension and its relatively easy too. i went with the standard copper densos.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hey hodge........just did my 30k last weekend. the spark plugs on the pass. side were cake man........10, maybe 15 minutes for the passenger side.....driver side was a PITA........barely room to unplug the coil pack near the front, so it took about 30 minutes or so. other than that.....get a long extension and its relatively easy too. i went with the standard copper densos.
i'm gonna have to do this sometime before the meet fo sho
Old 04-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #20
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i'm gonna have to do this sometime before the meet fo sho
its not too bad,really. i also cleaned out my throttle body, maybe a bit too much, cause it runs and idles good as ever, but acceleration got kinda weird. i think it needs to go thru a couple tanks of gas so i get m acc. back to where it was. damn............im ready for the meet!!