Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Deleting my cats, adding in Aero Turbine muffler

Old 08-27-2011, 04:32 PM   #61
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Did you notice any performance gains with the Aero Turbine and deleting the cats? I read up on the muffler and really like what I found out... No packing to fall apart like in other mufflers (magnaflow) yes and that happened to me before...

Truck sounds great BTW! I might just weld in the muffler for now and leave kitties in...LOL
I mean. Yes and no. My butt dyno says that I gained some, but I can attribute the fact that it sounds different to that. From my perspective anyway, I wouldn't expect to FEEL anything when putting this muffler on. On a positive note though, I do get a consistent +2mpg since the install. And I have had it on for well over a year now.

Packing on mufflers kinda sucks. With a fiberglass packed muffler, it only takes a few months for them to start getting bored out and going back to their own ways.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #62
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
You probably have a Flowmaster...

Actually I have an Aero Turbine 2525 with complete custom piping and polished stainless steel Camaro SS exhaust tips.

Old 09-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #63
I phucking hate people >:(
ink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shedink junky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: TACO LOVER
ink junky's Tacoma Gallery
Where was the pic taken? I see you're from Austin, but where was the pic taken? Looks like a place I would like to check out maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Dave View Post
Actually I have an Aero Turbine 2525 with complete custom piping and polished stainless steel Camaro SS exhaust tips.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #64
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
^ It's on the North Shore of Lake Travis. By-far THE most amazing place I've ever lived. This is an outdoorsman's Paradise. Here are a few more pics of the same area...

Old 09-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #65
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I mean. Yes and no. My butt dyno says that I gained some, but I can attribute the fact that it sounds different to that. From my perspective anyway, I wouldn't expect to FEEL anything when putting this muffler on. On a positive note though, I do get a consistent +2mpg since the install. And I have had it on for well over a year now.

Packing on mufflers kinda sucks. With a fiberglass packed muffler, it only takes a few months for them to start getting bored out and going back to their own ways.
Do you remember what diameter pipe you used to replace the cats? I have a friend with welder and might want to do this sometime soon...
Old 09-04-2011, 09:23 PM   #66
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting always looking for better mpg. @$179 on egay for the 2525xl to lazy to get the louder one in the first place then get the quieter one later.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #67
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you remember what diameter pipe you used to replace the cats? I have a friend with welder and might want to do this sometime soon...
?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #68
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
My bad, I missed this up until now. The pipe is 2.25"
Old 02-23-2014, 06:46 PM   #70
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 02-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #71
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTopp View Post
Sub

This one has played out.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #72
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post

This one has played out.
Haha thats what I was thinking too... I mean I could always bring it back! I have been thinking about a setup refresh anyway
Old 02-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #73
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't want to not be able to find this again, then make another thread about finding it
Old 02-23-2014, 07:05 PM   #74

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
And I didn't realize until 30 seconds ago I can subscribe without saying so in a reply, its just that everyone just types it so uh huh
Old 02-23-2014, 07:54 PM   #75
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha thats what I was thinking too... I mean I could always bring it back! I have been thinking about a setup refresh anyway
Any news for MTopp?

Just ribbin' ya MTopp.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:02 PM   #76
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to be deleting my rear cats tomorrow. And was wondering about pipe size.. I thaught the entire exhaust is 2.5"? Is the y-pipe 2.25" OD?
Im sure glad i didnt buy the pipe today...
Old 03-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #77
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and I have the dynomax super turbo.. which is perty quiet. So im hoping it will makebit alittle louder but not too raspy sounding. ��
Old 03-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #78
Vivid Illumination

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
Im going to be deleting my rear cats tomorrow. And was wondering about pipe size.. I thaught the entire exhaust is 2.5"? Is the y-pipe 2.25" OD?
Im sure glad i didnt buy the pipe today...
Nope 2.25" ID which is standard across all
Tacomas regardless of configuration actually. What is your motive for removing them? Having been there done that unless you are going to go boosted I can't really recommend it. You will lose low end torque no doubt. And if you don't want rasp... removing cats won't do you any favors. The cats are essentially serving as mini resonators right now. Just things to think about. Unless you are building a racetruck or having a custom equal length y pipe built... just keep em.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #79

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the response! Well im going to just keep them.. i dont want any rasp. So thats a no go!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #80

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I also dont want to loose any low end torque.. i was hoping to open it up alittle because i have short tube headers and figuted it would help them out also. But my main reason was sound. I just want a deeper louder sound without rasp.