LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Deleting my cats, adding in Aero Turbine muffler

Old 02-22-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Deleting my cats, adding in Aero Turbine muffler

I figured I would start this thread now if anyone was interested in how it would be coming along here in the next week or so. My plan is to cut out the two cats and put on an aero turbine 2525. Hopefully, this will open up this baby a little bit to breathe! I figure it should sound and go much better, will definitely post videos and pictures of the progress...
Old 03-11-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
Registered Chet-head
aggieshooter will become famous soon enoughaggieshooter will become famous soon enough
aggieshooter's Tacoma Gallery
here's a little bump, this is the same setup I'm thinkin about..I'd like to hear it
Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Sounds like a similar setup to what I was running. Except I opted to run the 2525XL with the built in resonator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZ2eiJIIpU
Old 03-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, I got it all done. I will make a video this weekend when I get my video camera back and you can see what I all got going on...
Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #6
hitaco is on a distinguished road
hitaco's Tacoma Gallery
OMG that shit sounds beast ^__^ ima get rid of my flow 40's and get me one of these
awesome jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #7
Yes, I got boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitaco View Post
OMG that shit sounds beast ^__^ ima get rid of my flow 40's and get me one of these
awesome jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haha, thanks man. If you got any questions feel free to let me know...
Old 03-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #8
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
You should get a sound clip of the truck under load. Under load and at idle always sound different (exhaust note varies depending on engine load).
Old 03-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
what was the cost for the setup?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
Yes, I got boost

I paid $125 for the muffler, $20 for the pipe needed. Installation was done by me so I didn't have that cost. $145 grand total.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
Yes, I got boost

Here is some pictures of my setup. Given everything is a dirty and I don't have a lift to take great photos, you can see what I did anyway.

New tip... Generally very shiny, not at the current time though...

New muffler, and a little extra pipe to fill the gap.

One cat gone...

And so is number 2.

As a side note, I found pieces of front cat screen in my rear cats which tells me that the front ones are on the fast track to shitting the bed as well.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the sound? Ever get that video of the truck under load?
Old 03-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #13
Yes, I got boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
How do you like the sound? Ever get that video of the truck under load?
Dammit X! I will get it for you I promise... I actually like the sound, seems like its breaking in a little more as time goes too. I just got to find some time and a pawn who will either drive or video for me. It is damn loud though I will tell you that much.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #14
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Is your check engine light on? Wasn't there an O2 sensor after the cat? If so what did you do about that?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Dammit X! I will get it for you I promise... I actually like the sound, seems like its breaking in a little more as time goes too. I just got to find some time and a pawn who will either drive or video for me. It is damn loud though I will tell you that much.

Not for me, for the others, I know how good the AT sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Is your check engine light on? Wasn't there an O2 sensor after the cat? If so what did you do about that?
There is a set of o2 sensors between the front and rear cats. They monitor the front cats only. The rear cats are unmonitored, so no code for those guys.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:25 AM   #16
HIKR is on a distinguished road

HIKR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Yeah...where's the video from in and out of the cab w/ the truck under load!?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #17
ExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shedExpoSpy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
ExpoSpy's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get your muffler from? $125 is one hell of a price!

(a sound clip under load would be great too) The one from the Xrunner sounds good and all but most of us don't have the s/c mod...
Old 04-18-2010, 05:34 PM   #18
Yes, I got boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIKR View Post
Yeah...where's the video from in and out of the cab w/ the truck under load!?
I am working on it... I have a crazy busy week, but I just might be able to get a few videos on Tuesday afternoon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundman1463 View Post
Where did you get your muffler from? $125 is one hell of a price!

(a sound clip under load would be great too) The one from the Xrunner sounds good and all but most of us don't have the s/c mod...
I got the muffler off of ebay from a buyer called rock bottom automotive or something like that. They aren't too hard to find if you search Aero Turbine 2525. And no, I don't have the S/C mod...yet. That is next on my to-do list here! But I will definitely get you some here soon... Damn I have been lazy!
Old 04-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #20
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright, finally got some videos for you guys. They are all buried in this one playlist I believe... I couldn't get it to put the video up here, so this will link you to my playlist on youtube itself.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...735E88099B057F
Here ya go.

I like it. It almost sounds "diesel-ly" to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADSJxUSwsb8

Products Discussed in this Thread