Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Concern with Exhaust Install

Old 04-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Concern with Exhaust Install

Just installed my gibson cat-back system, and install went well, except for have to modify the tail pipe a little bit. Sounds great! throttle response is def. better. But my only real concern is that one of the bends in the pipe, makes it touch the frame, it comes up too high. And I dont if it will be ok.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:11 AM   #2
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Exhaust systems need to move. If if hits or rests against anything then you'll have rubbing. I'd worry about introducing a "shiny" spot eventually, which delights the salt we use up here during the Winters.

My 2 cents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Just installed my gibson cat-back system, and install went well, except for have to modify the tail pipe a little bit. Sounds great! throttle response is def. better. But my only real concern is that one of the bends in the pipe, makes it touch the frame, it comes up too high. And I dont if it will be ok.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 AM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
you may need to make one of the hangers a bit longer or something so it will not touch the frame. you definitely need a little flex in the exhaust system.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
you may need to make one of the hangers a bit longer or something so it will not touch the frame. you definitely need a little flex in the exhaust system.
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the advise! I'll see what I can do. Does anyone know where I can get some longer hangers?
Old 04-13-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Yeah, thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the advise! I'll see what I can do. Does anyone know where I can get some longer hangers?
you can get different kinds of hangers at pepboys, then you can mess around with them and figure out what is the best way to go.