1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Everyone Stop!!!!!!! Read This!!!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by TACOROCK, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Apr 13, 2008 at 12:37 PM
    TACOROCK

TACOROCK [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
    Be Smart!!!! Why Doeseveryone Buy These Damn Cat Back Systems...? Added Horse Power Deeper Sound... Yayayaya I've Heard It A Million Times!! How About You Be A Great Economic Source And Help Your Local Businesses!!!! Instead Of These Muli Million Dollar Sources! Heres A Couple Of Questions For You If You Can Answer Yes To Any Of Them Than Fine Buy It Off The Internet!

1} Do You Plan On Removing And Reinstalling Your Exhaust?
    2} Do You Enjoy Waiting For A Fed-ex/ Ups Truck?
    3} Do You Like Getting Those Lil Stupid Ass Yellow Stickers. "sorry Nobody Was Home For Drop Off" ?
    4} Is There Not An Exhaust Shop Within 50 Miles Of Your Home?
    5} Do You Like Missing Out On The Paid Hours Of Work To Wait At Home For The Damn Package?
    6} Heres The Best..... Do You Enjoy Trying To Find Time To Reship The Package Back Because Of Damage During Shipment?

You May Know You Will Save Almost Half Of The Cost If You Get An Exhaust Made At Your Local Shop!!! And You Can Set Up An Appointment Right There. And They Can Check For Exhaust Leaks. And Recomend The Best Muffler For Your Truck..! Just Something To Think About..

Give Me Some Rep If You Agree!

2. Apr 13, 2008 at 12:47 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    hey now...i got my magnaflow catback for $160 shipped off ebay. i doubt there is any place that would put in a SS muffler and piping for under that price

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Apr 13, 2008 at 1:01 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    On the other side of the coin....

Multi-Million dollar businesses ARE what they are for a reason. They've spent multi-millions of dollars researching and perfecting a product that'll work. People buy it, people like it, they post feedback on the forums, and it promotes more sales. You get EXACTLY what is advertised - a cookie cutter product that has pleased thousands of people over the years. Ya can't beat that!

With local businesses - you don't know what you're getting. You can ask for something but the quality and workmanship is gonna vary from shop to shop. If you or someone you know doesn't already have work done with a local businesses - then you're taking a chance because you don't know their reputationtion or workmanship.

I will take small jobs to the local shops. Small jobs are less expensive. If something is wrong, then I haven't wasted a lot of money. I can get a *feel* for their workmanship on small jobs. I've dealt with a couple shops in my area in the past that I've been less than satisfied with their work. I haven't found any shop yet that's been worthy of even requesting a special job.

4. Apr 13, 2008 at 1:04 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i got my flowmater installed at a local shop, with one of my stainless tips from my old exhaust, for a good price........but some people want the whole set-up. yeah, most of us know that its basically a muffler and relatively the same piping, but soem people want it they way they get it....so be it.

its a point i have made in alot of exhaust threads.........just have a muffler shop install the muffler of your choice, even a nice shiny tip if wanted, and save alotta cash. but................most people are gonna go for covvenience(ordering online), over going to a shop........its just the way it happens.

the reason catbacks are so expensive is because of stainless piping, and the exhaust is "fit specific".........although its alot more expensive to do essentially the same thing with just a muffler and factory piping. ok......im stepping off my soapbox now:D!!

5. Apr 13, 2008 at 1:38 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
    ^
    someone should revoke your man card and repo your flowmasters for having a myspace page.........myspace is for teenagers and emo bands.

6. Apr 13, 2008 at 4:50 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    watch out dude.......i gotta keep an eye on my little sisters;). weird friggin people get on there sometimes.

4 posts long, and already we are derailing this thread:rolleyes:

7. Apr 13, 2008 at 5:00 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:

I agree, I have a little girl and I'm sure she will eventually be doing crap like that (myspace)...weird people? you must not have seen to catch a preditor.. ...there is some downright scary shit that goes on there....But like I said, teenagers and emo bands (and online perverts).

Support local business but remember your wallet your choice. There, now we are back on track!:D

8. Apr 13, 2008 at 5:02 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    yeah.....i've seen that program a few times. and myspace is for whoever wants a page.......damn, back off topic again:p.

9. Apr 13, 2008 at 6:00 PM
    MurphMan

MurphMan Senility Rocks!

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    '08 Tacoma TRD Sport
    * AFE Stage 2 XP CAI System * Westin Platinum Series Black Step Bars * TruXedo Lo Pro QT Soft Roll-Up Tonneau * Dee Zee Heavyweight Truck Bed Mat * WeatherTech Extreme-Duty Floor Liners * WeatherTech In-Channel Window Visors * Sony Xplod CDX-GT81UW Receiver * Sony Xplod 2-way speakers * Boss Audio BASS600 Amplified Subwoofer * Billet Grille Mod
    Exactly what I did on my exploder and will do the same on my taco.

10. Apr 13, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    pumo420

pumo420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    florida
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner Sr5 Debadged
    silver star headlights, optima yellow top battery, 2X10 mtx thunder 4500 speakers, kicker kx 400 amp, pioneer headunit, injen air intake, flowmaster dual exhaust, doug thorley long tube headers. waiting to put on urd maf caliberater, urd o2 senser, urd supercharger and 7th injector setup.i Fell
    p.s this is just my opinion.

11. Apr 13, 2008 at 7:16 PM
    TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    URD SUPERCHARGER 80MM PULLEY, DOUG THORLEY LONG TUBE HEADERS, MODIFIED Y-PIPE, TRUE DUAL EXHAUST MAGNAFLOW 2 IN 2 OUT, PRO COMP 6" LIFT, WIDEBAND 02/FUEL SENSOR, AVIC D3, 2 PIONEER SUBS ON A MEMPHIS 1200 WATT AMP RMS, DIY MOD FOR ALL INTERIOR SPEAKERS FULL TINT, LEER CAMPER, EURO LIGHTS, BILLET GRILL, BULL BAR WESTIN RUNNING BARS, AIR HORN, AND A RADIATOR POPPER
    THEN BLAMMO!! BUY YOUR EXHAUST ON LINE! I SAID IF YOU CAN ANSWER ONE OF THEM THAN BUY IT OFF LINE SILLY!! NOT AN ESSAY IN REGUARD TO A POST ..... BUT GOOD JOB AND IM GLAD YOU LIKE YOUR EXHAUST.. :cool:

12. Apr 13, 2008 at 8:04 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I'm 40 years old and I have a myspace & a facebook page. :p

When you get old like me - you do these things to find old friends and classmates that you haven't seen or heard from for years. Myspace & facebook is one of the best ways to do that.

13. Apr 13, 2008 at 8:05 PM
    808trdsport

808trdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport Prerunner
    6000k HIDS, double tint in the back and tint front side windows, CGS cat back exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter
    i'm just wondering where this is all coming from? Why would it matter to anyone but the person who bought the exhaust? I understand the support the local shops thing, but i would hate to pay for labor when i can do it myself. But thats just me.

14. Apr 13, 2008 at 8:11 PM
    TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    HEY 808trdsport A Retard Can Pull Off An Old Exhaust And Put A New One On And Tighten 2 Bolts... If You Call That Doing It Your Self Im Sure Your Local Shops See You And :d Hey Holly Boy You Need Work!?

15. Apr 13, 2008 at 8:21 PM
    808trdsport

808trdsport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Sport Prerunner
    6000k HIDS, double tint in the back and tint front side windows, CGS cat back exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter
    yo Tacorock, whats up with you buddy?

16. Apr 13, 2008 at 8:24 PM
    ChrisDeSoup

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    I'm sorry but I'm 30 and wouldn't be found on myspace if they gave out 50% off coupons for mushu hummers every other month (I'm just kidding, for that hell yea I would have a phat page). I meet people the old fashon way....at the bar:drunk:, and I see old high school buddies at reunions:rasta:, I still keep in touch with friends from college.

BUUUUUTTTT whatever floats your boat buddy.

you dang people keep draggin me off topic......

Get the best deal, be it online or local. DIY for sure is usually the best deal!

17. Apr 13, 2008 at 8:29 PM
    TACOROCK

Member:
    FAYETTEVILLE NC
    Vehicle:
    06 TACOMA LIFTED
    Nothin Bra.... Just Throwin Some Food For Thaught. So Cal Surfer

18. Apr 16, 2008 at 6:34 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    Good Job, gm3bow. You've done something constructive on this thread by actually posting the name of a shop that is reputable. If only evryone else follows your example.

19. Apr 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
    There's a reason you haven't heard from them in years and vice versa - they aren't really your friends and you don't really care about them. Just my opinion, and the reason why I haven't joined any sites like that. I have e-mail and messanger to talk to people that I actually want to talk to. The whole Facebook, Myspace thing seems like a popularity contest.

20. Apr 16, 2008 at 6:53 PM
    tacomaman06

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    if you are in the rock hill,sc area and want exhaust work done........go to aps mufflers on cherry road........do not go to muffler masters(unless you want a crap job exhaust)!

Products Discussed in

To Top