Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Everyone Stop!!!!!!! Read This!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
TACOROCK is an unknown quantity at this point

TACOROCK's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Everyone Stop!!!!!!! Read This!!!

Be Smart!!!! Why Doeseveryone Buy These Damn Cat Back Systems...? Added Horse Power Deeper Sound... Yayayaya I've Heard It A Million Times!! How About You Be A Great Economic Source And Help Your Local Businesses!!!! Instead Of These Muli Million Dollar Sources! Heres A Couple Of Questions For You If You Can Answer Yes To Any Of Them Than Fine Buy It Off The Internet!

1} Do You Plan On Removing And Reinstalling Your Exhaust?
2} Do You Enjoy Waiting For A Fed-ex/ Ups Truck?
3} Do You Like Getting Those Lil Stupid Ass Yellow Stickers. "sorry Nobody Was Home For Drop Off" ?
4} Is There Not An Exhaust Shop Within 50 Miles Of Your Home?
5} Do You Like Missing Out On The Paid Hours Of Work To Wait At Home For The Damn Package?
6} Heres The Best..... Do You Enjoy Trying To Find Time To Reship The Package Back Because Of Damage During Shipment?

You May Know You Will Save Almost Half Of The Cost If You Get An Exhaust Made At Your Local Shop!!! And You Can Set Up An Appointment Right There. And They Can Check For Exhaust Leaks. And Recomend The Best Muffler For Your Truck..! Just Something To Think About..

Give Me Some Rep If You Agree!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOROCK View Post
Be Smart!!!! Why Doeseveryone Buy These Damn Cat Back Systems...? Added Horse Power Deeper Sound... Yayayaya I've Heard It A Million Times!! How About You Be A Great Economic Source And Help Your Local Businesses!!!! Instead Of These Muli Million Dollar Sources! Heres A Couple Of Questions For You If You Can Answer Yes To Any Of Them Than Fine Buy It Off The Internet!

3} Do You Like Getting Those Lil Stupid Ass Yellow Stickers. "sorry Nobody Was Home For Drop Off" ?
4} Is There Not An Exhaust Shop Within 50 Miles Of Your Home?
5} Do You Like Missing Out On The Paid Hours Of Work To Wait At Home For The Damn Package?
6} Heres The Best..... Do You Enjoy Trying To Find Time To Reship The Package Back Because Of Damage During Shipment?

You May Know You Will Save Almost Half Of The Cost If You Get An Exhaust Made At Your Local Shop!!! And You Can Set Up An Appointment Right There. And They Can Check For Exhaust Leaks. And Recomend The Best Muffler For Your Truck..! Just Something To Think About..

hey now...i got my magnaflow catback for $160 shipped off ebay. i doubt there is any place that would put in a SS muffler and piping for under that price
Old 04-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
On the other side of the coin....

Multi-Million dollar businesses ARE what they are for a reason. They've spent multi-millions of dollars researching and perfecting a product that'll work. People buy it, people like it, they post feedback on the forums, and it promotes more sales. You get EXACTLY what is advertised - a cookie cutter product that has pleased thousands of people over the years. Ya can't beat that!

With local businesses - you don't know what you're getting. You can ask for something but the quality and workmanship is gonna vary from shop to shop. If you or someone you know doesn't already have work done with a local businesses - then you're taking a chance because you don't know their reputationtion or workmanship.

I will take small jobs to the local shops. Small jobs are less expensive. If something is wrong, then I haven't wasted a lot of money. I can get a *feel* for their workmanship on small jobs. I've dealt with a couple shops in my area in the past that I've been less than satisfied with their work. I haven't found any shop yet that's been worthy of even requesting a special job.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
people just need "exhaust education"!!!

i got my flowmater installed at a local shop, with one of my stainless tips from my old exhaust, for a good price........but some people want the whole set-up. yeah, most of us know that its basically a muffler and relatively the same piping, but soem people want it they way they get it....so be it.

its a point i have made in alot of exhaust threads.........just have a muffler shop install the muffler of your choice, even a nice shiny tip if wanted, and save alotta cash. but................most people are gonna go for covvenience(ordering online), over going to a shop........its just the way it happens.

the reason catbacks are so expensive is because of stainless piping, and the exhaust is "fit specific".........although its alot more expensive to do essentially the same thing with just a muffler and factory piping. ok......im stepping off my soapbox now!!
Old 04-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
^
someone should revoke your man card and repo your flowmasters for having a myspace page.........myspace is for teenagers and emo bands.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDeSoup View Post
^
someone should revoke your man card and repo your flowmasters for having a myspace page.........myspace is for teenagers and emo bands.
watch out dude.......i gotta keep an eye on my little sisters. weird friggin people get on there sometimes.

4 posts long, and already we are derailing this thread
Old 04-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Come on, Touch it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
watch out dude.......i gotta keep an eye on my little sisters. weird friggin people get on there sometimes.

4 posts long, and already we are derailing this thread

I agree, I have a little girl and I'm sure she will eventually be doing crap like that (myspace)...weird people? you must not have seen to catch a preditor.. ...there is some downright scary shit that goes on there....But like I said, teenagers and emo bands (and online perverts).

Support local business but remember your wallet your choice. There, now we are back on track!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:02 PM   #8

Quote:
I agree, I have a little girl and I'm sure she will eventually be doing crap like that (myspace)...weird people? you must not have seen to catch a preditor.. ...there is some downright scary shit that goes on there....But like I said, teenagers and emo bands (and online perverts).

Support local business but remember your wallet your choice. There, now we are back on track!
yeah.....i've seen that program a few times. and myspace is for whoever wants a page.......damn, back off topic again.
Old 04-13-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
Senility Rocks!
MurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Murph
MurphMan's Tacoma Gallery
Exactly what I did on my exploder and will do the same on my taco.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #10
pumo420 is on a distinguished road

pumo420's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

if i ever decide to sell my truck then yes i will reinstall my stock exhaust.

if it catches you by surpise then yes it would be like christmas all over again. it really depends you can go for patience is virtue route or the instant gratifaction route. when i got my flow master right away i knew it was worth the wait.

never got one when my parts showed up my door. and it depends on how you decide to have it shipped to you.

} Is There Not An Exhaust Shop Within 50 Miles Of Your Home?

there is alot of exhaust shops within my area. and yes i could have gone to either of them. but are they reputable? im not going to diss on mechanics or shops cause there is alot of them that are hard working. but in naples its bassicaly all about money no matter what bussines it is sorry im not going to pay someone 40 to 100 dollars an hr. if i can do something myself. but thats just me.

didnt need to miss anymore work. when i ordered my package i made it convient for me not for the company.

there was no damage to my package and if there was any type of damage i would;ve gotten a refund and let them keep it.

im all for supporting local bussiness like i said here in naples its all about money. i work as a line cook in an indepent seafood resteraunt where all of our food is abolouety fresh. then you have big corpations that are in this town that take away from our bussines. the main reason for us not being as busy as the next corpate resteraunt is reputation. depending on the corpoation there going to do what they can to get a good repetation and with that they will get the better bussines. our food might better but since theres a bonefish grill, red lobster roys pf changs around the corner which one will you goto. i felt comfortable getting my parts from flowmaster because of the repatution and most important it was the sound. i was looking for a spefic sound for my truck and i got exactly what i wanted and that makes me a happy camper. im sorry for the spelling errors i just got done from a 12 hour shift in a 100 degree kitchen. but i figured i would do what i can to answer those questions.

p.s this is just my opinion.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #11

Okay

THEN BLAMMO!! BUY YOUR EXHAUST ON LINE! I SAID IF YOU CAN ANSWER ONE OF THEM THAN BUY IT OFF LINE SILLY!! NOT AN ESSAY IN REGUARD TO A POST ..... BUT GOOD JOB AND IM GLAD YOU LIKE YOUR EXHAUST..
Old 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^
I'm 40 years old and I have a myspace & a facebook page.

When you get old like me - you do these things to find old friends and classmates that you haven't seen or heard from for years. Myspace & facebook is one of the best ways to do that.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:05 PM   #13
808trdsport has a spectacular aura about808trdsport has a spectacular aura about

808trdsport's Tacoma Gallery
i'm just wondering where this is all coming from? Why would it matter to anyone but the person who bought the exhaust? I understand the support the local shops thing, but i would hate to pay for labor when i can do it myself. But thats just me.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:11 PM   #14

Diy

HEY 808trdsport A Retard Can Pull Off An Old Exhaust And Put A New One On And Tighten 2 Bolts... If You Call That Doing It Your Self Im Sure Your Local Shops See You And :d Hey Holly Boy You Need Work!?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #15
808trdsport has a spectacular aura about808trdsport has a spectacular aura about

808trdsport's Tacoma Gallery
yo Tacorock, whats up with you buddy?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:24 PM   #16
Come on, Touch it......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

When you get old like me - you do these things to find old friends and classmates that you haven't seen or heard from for years. Myspace & facebook is one of the best ways to do that.
I'm sorry but I'm 30 and wouldn't be found on myspace if they gave out 50% off coupons for mushu hummers every other month (I'm just kidding, for that hell yea I would have a phat page). I meet people the old fashon way....at the bar, and I see old high school buddies at reunions, I still keep in touch with friends from college.

BUUUUUTTTT whatever floats your boat buddy.

you dang people keep draggin me off topic......

Get the best deal, be it online or local. DIY for sure is usually the best deal!
Old 04-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #18
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm3bow View Post
That's right Janster. I keep in touch with distant relatives and friends through myspace. Anyhow, I think we should def support local shops as much as we can, it just depends on what you need/want. The best way to support local small businesses is through word of mouth, which folks do on here quite a bit. On that note, anybody in the Oakland CA area that wants to get some good exhaust/muffler work, I recommend Emmanuels Mufflers in Alameda.
Good Job, gm3bow. You've done something constructive on this thread by actually posting the name of a shop that is reputable. If only evryone else follows your example.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #19
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post

There's a reason you haven't heard from them in years and vice versa - they aren't really your friends and you don't really care about them. Just my opinion, and the reason why I haven't joined any sites like that. I have e-mail and messanger to talk to people that I actually want to talk to. The whole Facebook, Myspace thing seems like a popularity contest.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #20

if you are in the rock hill,sc area and want exhaust work done........go to aps mufflers on cherry road........do not go to muffler masters(unless you want a crap job exhaust)!