Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

If stock exhaust is a 2 on the 1-10 scale, how's the TRD?

Old 02-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
Effin A Cotton, Effin A
texastacobueno is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
texastacobueno's Tacoma Gallery
If stock exhaust is a 2 on the 1-10 scale, how's the TRD?

I'm thinkin of asking for the TRD exhaust for my B-day but I want to make sure I'm going to get a good rumble from it. I don't want anything loud cuz it's our traveling vehicle. just a little growl is all! So what do you TRD Exhaust owners and former owners think?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:48 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Accelerating, a 4, criuse is not much more than stock. Im happy with the sound.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

I've got the Banks exhaust and its got a nice low growl on the highway. Not sure of the price difference between Banks and TRD, but giving you another option. Bolts up easy and looks good too. I also have a drop in AFE and it breaths nice.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #4
"Change is inevitable, but growth is optional."
tacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomarotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
tacomarotto's Tacoma Gallery
sry to bomb the threa on a random question but what about gibson? any opinions?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
Pyrite FD will become famous soon enoughPyrite FD will become famous soon enough

Pyrite FD's Tacoma Gallery
if stock is 2, and say a super 40 is a 10...then

at idle id say its a 6,
light throttle slow cruising maybe a 4,
regular highway or interstate maybe 2.5,
full throttle high rpm 2

really, i only notice a sound difference at idle to maybe 1200-1500rpm range, anything much over that it sounds pretty much stock to me
Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Accelerating, a 4, criuse is not much more than stock. Im happy with the sound.
i thought you swore by the dynamax?
Old 02-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan07sport View Post
i thought you swore by the dynamax?
I do. The Dynomax is a better performance muffler than the TRD. I got the TRD for free. How can I pass it up?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #9
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
I found a dynomax for $40 on streetsideauto, I'm gonna order that bad boy pretty soon
Old 02-28-2010, 08:05 PM   #10
NorthernTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Brandon
NorthernTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The TRD sounds like a perfect exhaust for you. Its only loud when you get on it. At idle you can't really hear any grumble at all. After I added my TRD CAI I would say it got a little louder at idle and probably 2 levels higher when getting on it.