1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ISR Mod

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by danescabare, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Apr 14, 2008 at 11:50 AM
    danescabare

danescabare [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma Prerunner Debadged
    Siruis radio, Debadged, elbow mod, deck plate mod...
    Ii finally did my ISR. its really good. i used a plumbers cap and stuffed it into the hole where the lower silencer was and put a clamp on it. it really struts its stuff when you hit 4,000rpm. thats when the sound is perfect. i suggest this mod to everyone who owns a taco.

Total Cost:
    Cap - 90 cents
    Paint - 99 cents

ok, to be more specific (pics are not mine):
    In the following pic u can see a J-shapped "tube". this is the silencer.
    To plug this silencer, head on over the local home depot and grab a few different sized plugs. I purchases 2 and had one just too big and just too small. So, after removing the stock silencer and its clamp, i took the smaller plug (spray-painted black) and put it into the hole that was originally occupied by the silencer. Finally, i adjusted the plug the way i wanted and took an automotive-style clamp (with a thumb-twist, to make life easier) and tightened it until no play was found with the cap. Thats it!!! all there is to it! thats why i suggest it. And for the more daring folks, there is an upper silencer, see 2nd pic, that has a line running to the gas tank. I personally didnt do it because i would prefer not to ruin my truck. Plug this the same way, but your either going to have to create a plug with a nipple or t-fit it into another line running into the intake. the result is that (with the lower tube removed) i found that around 4,000rpm, the sound was spectacular. it didnt have the wail of a ricer and the depth of a V8, it made a sound all its own. i think its AWSOME. everyone should do this mod. It even makes the truck idle a tad deeper i think.

86ig13d_8366b4ea0ae7858cba7b8d636ec5c2d9c0b28060.jpg

2. Apr 14, 2008 at 2:53 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    I think that the box you show in the 1st pic is actually the sliencer. The J tube on the other hand is to hold water that may have gotten past the air filter.

3. Apr 15, 2008 at 5:38 AM
    danescabare

danescabare [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Huntersville, NC
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma Prerunner Debadged
    Siruis radio, Debadged, elbow mod, deck plate mod...
    hmmm... :eek: my bad wrong picture ill upload the right one here in a minute.

Products Discussed in

To Top