Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

ISR Mod

Old 04-14-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
danescabare is on a distinguished road

danescabare's Tacoma Gallery
ISR Mod

Ii finally did my ISR. its really good. i used a plumbers cap and stuffed it into the hole where the lower silencer was and put a clamp on it. it really struts its stuff when you hit 4,000rpm. thats when the sound is perfect. i suggest this mod to everyone who owns a taco.

Total Cost:
Cap - 90 cents
Paint - 99 cents

ok, to be more specific (pics are not mine):
In the following pic u can see a J-shapped "tube". this is the silencer.
To plug this silencer, head on over the local home depot and grab a few different sized plugs. I purchases 2 and had one just too big and just too small. So, after removing the stock silencer and its clamp, i took the smaller plug (spray-painted black) and put it into the hole that was originally occupied by the silencer. Finally, i adjusted the plug the way i wanted and took an automotive-style clamp (with a thumb-twist, to make life easier) and tightened it until no play was found with the cap. Thats it!!! all there is to it! thats why i suggest it. And for the more daring folks, there is an upper silencer, see 2nd pic, that has a line running to the gas tank. I personally didnt do it because i would prefer not to ruin my truck. Plug this the same way, but your either going to have to create a plug with a nipple or t-fit it into another line running into the intake. the result is that (with the lower tube removed) i found that around 4,000rpm, the sound was spectacular. it didnt have the wail of a ricer and the depth of a V8, it made a sound all its own. i think its AWSOME. everyone should do this mod. It even makes the truck idle a tad deeper i think.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
I think that the box you show in the 1st pic is actually the sliencer. The J tube on the other hand is to hold water that may have gotten past the air filter.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:38 AM   #3
danescabare is on a distinguished road

danescabare's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm... my bad wrong picture ill upload the right one here in a minute.