1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

about to purchase s/c

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by outlaw7, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Mar 1, 2010 at 8:35 PM
    outlaw7

outlaw7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    PacNorWest
    Vehicle:
    2010 trd sport
    came into a little chunk of change and tax refund and work bonus so im a mouse click away from pulling the trigger and purchasing the s/c. i just want to see if anyone else has ordered from these guys and double check this is the correct p/n. i know they had changed the p/n for the 2010 just and the one listed in the listing is the new number just wanted to see if any fellow members have got this same unit installed on their trucks yet. i was going to get my local dealer to order and do the install but they wouldn't budge on the price they want 4500 plus the fit plus labor and tax and quoted me 5700 out the door with my truck being down for 2 days. i figure if i get this unit from toyota of dallas i will save myself 5-600 bucks. i have also been trying to research putting my cai on after the s/c gets installed and have read all the posts, my question is how many have re-installed their cai after the install and have you had any problems running them. the majority of the posts i have read state no but just trying to get as much research done as possible. thank you all for your time. heres the link to the listing im looking at purchasing.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRD-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 1, 2010 at 8:40 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    Its literally the funnest thing and largest purchase besides the truck i have made. i have zero buyers regret, and its just great. I got the fit kit plus the SC for 3600 from a member, and i installed my self knowing not what the fuck i was doing.... 2 days later and 1 (100$) reflash i had my truck running 0-60 in 5 seconds. overall it cost about 3717 bucks but it was worth it. if you have a metric tool set, and a basic understanding of nuts and bolts i would reccomond doing it. the biggest thing i had done before this was my CAI but it was pretty simple with the instructions. they are very well written.

3. Mar 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    Trd parts 4u is a good company. Toyota of dallas just wrecked a fellow members taco and are tryin to screw him over! Buy the s/c and have another dealer install it. Cause it will be worth it to get the full warranty. good luck

4. Mar 8, 2010 at 9:12 PM
    jarvis210

jarvis210 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Fullerton
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Tacoma
    buy it i i have had mine for about 5k miles and love it no regret

Products Discussed in

To Top