Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

clutch belt squeaking?

Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
jasonm is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
jasonm's Tacoma Gallery
clutch belt squeaking?

i was wondering if anyone knows what this problem might be. it sounds like a belt squeaking under the hood and when i push the clutch pedal in, it tightens up and the squeak goes away. is this my throw-out bearing or is this just a belt that i can tighten? any info is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like the TO bearing. Some folks have had problems with them. Try a search in the 2nd gen forum. It would also help to know what engine/tranny you have
Old 03-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
could either be the clutch belt or possibly the muffler bearings. being that it goes away when press down the clutch pedal, my guess would be the pressure plate's torque band has been stretched a bit. Would be a good place to start.

/helpfulness
Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
my supercharger belt does it for like the first 90 seconds when the car warms up, but on my jeep the TO berring squeeked when it was going out
Old 03-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #5
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
clutch belt huh? ha. got my attention. anyway it sounds like you are a pround new member of the defective throwout bearing shaft club! I am a founder, so welcome! check out http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ing-issue.html. Everything's in there about it. Oh, and if youre looking for the solution..... there isn't one... just put the defective setup back in and wait till it goes again.... hopefully someone will come up with something better soon. good luck!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Did someone say, Muffler Bearing?

In all seriousness, it sounds like you a have a problem with the throwout bearing. A well documented problem with the 2nd gen 6 speeds.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:07 AM   #7
The Beast
yotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 82nd Airborn
Name: David
yotabeast505's Tacoma Gallery
HAHAHAHA! thats mean. make sure the blinker fluid is topped off also!!! fender gaskets also cauz a squeek from time to time
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
could either be the clutch belt or possibly the muffler bearings. being that it goes away when press down the clutch pedal, my guess would be the pressure plate's torque band has been stretched a bit. Would be a good place to start.

/helpfulness
Old 03-03-2010, 02:08 AM   #8
The Beast
yotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotabeast505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 82nd Airborn
Name: David
yotabeast505's Tacoma Gallery
u need a urd pully mine never sqeeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
my supercharger belt does it for like the first 90 seconds when the car warms up, but on my jeep the TO berring squeeked when it was going out