Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

quick filter question

Old 04-15-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
bcass77 is on a distinguished road
bcass77's Tacoma Gallery
quick filter question

the UPS man just dropped off my aFe pro-dry s filter today. do I just have to drop it in and go, or do I have to disconnect the battery and then reconnect it to allow the computer to reset? thanks!
Old 04-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
just drop it in. and good choice by the way
Old 04-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
bcass77's Tacoma Gallery
cool, thanks!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
bcass77's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm... just went to remove the secondary air filter and put in the aFe and turns out the previous owner had already removed the secondary. Oh well, less work for me. Got the aFe in there, so good to go.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:09 AM   #6
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcass77 View Post
the UPS man just dropped off my aFe pro-dry s filter today. do I just have to drop it in and go, or do I have to disconnect the battery and then reconnect it to allow the computer to reset? thanks!
What was the cost on this?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:18 AM   #7
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
What was the cost on this?
If you shop around you can find it for as low as $27. Do NOT pay more than $40 including taxes and shipping.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #8
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcass77 View Post
where can I get this filter. I have checked several sites and cannot find one for the 4.0 V6. Anybody have a link?

THX!
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #9
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I have to be a bit more careful with my answers. The filter for the 4.0 is more expensive. I think the aFe part number is 30-10114 but Maverick knows for sure...