Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Cummins killer?!

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
TRDGoatFarmer's Tacoma Gallery
Cummins killer?!

Here's the deal.

All my buddy's have cummins ranging from old school 12V's to brand new 24V commonrails. And There I am with the little ole taco. They are always giving me shit. So last weekend, we were all headed out to quaker steak and lube on the highway. I raced the 12V and he beat me.. ( not too bad though) then I raced the commonrail and kept up with it. like neck and neck!! Which really suprised me.

So my question for you is.. What can I do to get this truck to have better acceleration?

Keep in mind it's a TRD exteded cab. but would headers, a magnaflow muffler and a K and N CAI do the trick? I really want to be able to fly right past these guys.

any ideas??

Old 03-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
K&N blows and an intake alone won't do anything. A good exhaust, long tube headers and a MAF calibrator should help. I'm not sure by how much though.

This thread will be closed soon.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
TRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enoughTRDGoatFarmer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
no street race talk pls. per forum rls

Yer' kidding me right?

Old 03-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
supercharge it! www.urdusa.com

I'd love too.. but i have a limited budget of around $1,000!

Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Nope

Wow...

Old 03-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
How about just telling them to STFU since their trucks will be in the shop all the time where as you will still be on the road.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Thread closed per Code of Conduct

Closed Thread