LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

people who have bolted on their exhaust...

Old 03-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
Effin A Cotton, Effin A
texastacobueno is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
texastacobueno's Tacoma Gallery
people who have bolted on their exhaust...

My wife pulled a fast one and bought me a Flowmast 50 series yesterday and I'd like to put it on myself, and what I'm wondering is if I just bolt on the muffler and my tip will the muffler hold on? I think once I know I like then I wont mind welding it. But i want to bolt it on at first, was bolting it on hard? Thanks for your help guys!
Old 03-06-2010, 02:35 AM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
well, you will have to cut out the oem muffler, and then if you want to 'test' the new muffler out, you'll need to buy some clamps, might need some adapters depending of muffler inlet/out diameters.

then depending on the clamps you use, you may/may not have exhaust leaks.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
DieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
DieselTech's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 40 series, You'll need a 2 1/4"-2 1/2" adapter ( i think it was a while ago) Also you may need a very short length of pipe where the flowmasters are shorter then the OEM muffler. And use a exhaust cut-off tool, not a zip cut on a grinder to take the old one off lol. I welded it 2 days later, and it sounds awesome.