1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

differential relocation

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by fftank76, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Mar 8, 2010 at 8:50 AM
    fftank76

fftank76 [OP] FIREFIGHTER

Member:
    First Name:
    TANK
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double cab
    right now i only got a rockford fosgate 12 thin line beind passenger seat got rockford fosgate class d 2000 watts pushin it i got swaybar removed 3 in lift 2 miniphantom lightbars whelen siren box and siren rod holders diff breather mod
    so if we are relocating are rear differential breather why are we not relocating the front differential breather?????

2. Mar 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    IIRC the front is already run up the back of the engine bay along the firewall....

3. Mar 8, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
    ^^What he said

4. Mar 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    It's already relocated in the engine bay. You can relocate it further upwards.

When I had my 96 tacoma....I connected my rear diff to a 3/8" (od) hose the whole way up to the engine bay and I "T'd" in the front diff on the same hose. The end of it was located right behind the clutch fluid resevoir.

5. Mar 8, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    fftank76

fftank76 [OP] FIREFIGHTER

Member:
    First Name:
    TANK
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma Double cab
    right now i only got a rockford fosgate 12 thin line beind passenger seat got rockford fosgate class d 2000 watts pushin it i got swaybar removed 3 in lift 2 miniphantom lightbars whelen siren box and siren rod holders diff breather mod
    thanks guys great info just thought id ask while i was ordering parts to relocate today!!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top