1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

throttle body, MAF sensor!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by ETaco23, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Apr 19, 2008 at 2:27 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    Hey everyone, My truck was idoling really rough and so I got some throttle body and MAF sensor cleaner. Cleaned out all the dirt and grime. Man! it looked like it had never been cleaned! But It made a huge difference! Not only got rid of the rough idle i was having, but feels like it increased my HP and throttle response. I might even get better gas mileage! :D

I recommend to everyone, to do this everytime you inspect your air filter. Thought I'de share! Thanx for all the advise and help TW!

2. Apr 19, 2008 at 4:47 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    oh yeah, cleaning the throttle body definitely makes a good difference!!

3. May 5, 2008 at 4:38 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    I cleaned my MAF sensor and throttle body today. Did not take more than 20 minutes. The engine feels smooth. Shifting between gears is great. The throttle response is better than before.

Products Discussed in

To Top