Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Do Throttle Body Spacers Work?

Old 04-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
97YoterS will become famous soon enough

97YoterS's Tacoma Gallery
Do Throttle Body Spacers Work?

ok so ive been looking for more performance parts for my 97' 2.7 4x4 Tacoma, I have an intake and exhaust, and the next thing i was thinkin about gettin was a throttle body spacers, but do they work!? plz comment!
Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97YoterS View Post
ok so ive been looking for more performance parts for my 97' 2.7 4x4 Tacoma, I have an intake and exhaust, and the next thing i was thinkin about gettin was a throttle body spacers, but do they work!? plz comment!
I personally haven't had one. But I was ganna buy one, untill some guys on here told me that all they do is whistle and there not worth the money. So I decided to just save up for some headers. Headers will give me more power anyways.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
save your money for something worthwhile. all tb spacers do is whistle......no gains with them. all except for a light wallet.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:16 PM   #4

i thought about headers, but i like the sound of my truck as it is, and don't 4cyl tacomas sound like crap at Hi RPMs wit headers?
Old 04-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #5
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i thought about headers, but i like the sound of my truck as it is, and don't 4cyl tacomas sound like crap at Hi RPMs wit headers?
some 4 cyl dont sound all that great with headers....not exactly sure how the 4 cyl tacomas sound though.

if you like the way your truck sounds......keep it as is. headers will make it louder.....not necessarily bad though......and tb spacers will make it have a high pitch whistle.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #6

well is their any other mod, besides tb spacers, or headers?
Old 04-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #7

Quote:
well is their any other mod, besides tb spacers, or headers?
not really....unless you could find a turbo system. the header is gonna be your best bet, as far as cheapest route goes. you may even try to find underdrive pulleys....not sure if they make any for your truck though.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
General consensus is that throttle body spacers for these vehicles is a waste of money.