Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

NGK spark plugs vs. Pulstar

Old 04-20-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
I'm a TW addict!
BIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to behold

Name: Luke
BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
NGK spark plugs vs. Pulstar

I want to put new spark plugs in my truck and am debating between the two. Pulstar seems really impresive on its technology, but Ngk seems like it has been around for a while. What do you guys think? Anyone have either of these on you rides? Ifyou do did you put new coils in? Lets hear all the answers on this one.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGLuke View Post
I want to put new spark plugs in my truck and am debating between the two. Pulstar seems really impresive on its technology, but Ngk seems like it has been around for a while. What do you guys think? Anyone have either of these on you rides? Ifyou do did you put new coils in? Lets hear all the answers on this one.
ive read/ heard about the pulstar plugs cracking pretty bad, so i'd probably stay away from them. ngk or denso is probably the best plugs to run in these trucks. i changed plugs 2 weeks ago.......the stock ngk's were considerably more warn than the denso's......so i went with denso oem plugs........no problem with them.
you could run iridium plugs if you wanted to, but i'd stick with denso or ngk.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
I'm a TW addict!
BIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to behold

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
ive read/ heard about the pulstar plugs cracking pretty bad, so i'd probably stay away from them. ngk or denso is probably the best plugs to run in these trucks. i changed plugs 2 weeks ago.......the stock ngk's were considerably more warn than the denso's......so i went with denso oem plugs........no problem with them.
do you by any chance remember where you heard this at about the pulstar cracking
Old 04-22-2008, 03:50 AM   #4
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
do you by any chance remember where you heard this at about the pulstar cracking
actually.......i think i read about it in a thread here at tw. one of the guys in the thread worked in some capacity for the prople who made the pulstar plugs and was giving his opinion about them.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what you're looking for!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...lse-plugs.html
Old 04-22-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
actually.......i think i read about it in a thread here at tw. one of the guys in the thread worked in some capacity for the prople who made the pulstar plugs and was giving his opinion about them.
hey i read that thread and the guy that does work for the company said something about putting in the wrong ones in at first but now that he put the right ones in he is very happy and he gets better gas milage on all of his vehicles. check out that thread tacomaman06

oh and thanks gdawg25
Old 04-22-2008, 03:31 PM   #7

Quote:
hey i read that thread and the guy that does work for the company said something about putting in the wrong ones in at first but now that he put the right ones in he is very happy and he gets better gas milage on all of his vehicles. check out that thread tacomaman06

oh and thanks gdawg25
yeah....but that was on a chevy, where there are a number of different plugs that will work. you can try them if you want to....i just think denso or ngk will work better on these trucks than anything else, imo.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:35 AM   #8
hans17 is on a distinguished road

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I personally bought the pulstar plugs and installed them . Then ran for 1000 miles and then suddenly I had a misfire , and my truck started misfiring from two pistons , piston 5 and 6 . I took them off and put the originals back on. Called pulstar and told them about the problem , they send me 6 brand new pulstarplugs I also told them that i had to pay a tow truck and a mecanic to put the plugs on , so they gave me a 25% discount for my next purchase. So finally my pulstar plugs arrived and I installed them once again and ran my truck for about 500 miles and my chk engine started flashing and suddenly my truck started misfiring again thx god I have a scanner . I verified the read out and it said misfire from piston 5 again. I decided to take them all off and went with the NGK irridium. and until now I have ram my truck for 3000 miles and no problem. I'm telling pulstar plugs are not worth it. I'm still waiting for pulstar to respond to my phone call and e-mails.