Which Flowmaster?

View Poll Results: Which Flowmaster?
Keep the 40 single out 5 26.32%
40 dual out 3 15.79%
50 single out 7 36.84%
50 dual out 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Which Flowmaster?

I currently have a flowmaster 40 single in single out muffler and i want to either get a new 40 with a dual out or a 50 with a dual out. I want it to be as deep as possible but i really like how loud the 40 is. I just really don't like how the 40 sounds at higher rpm's.

I have searched the site and cannot find out how much quieter the 50 is than the 40. Does anybody know?

I have a 3.4 v6.
Thanks for the help.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
go magnaflow
Old 03-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #3
STravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shedSTravis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by only_K View Post
I'm going with flowmaster because i have a friend that gets them really cheap.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #4
1st Gen. Pride
only_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really niceonly_K is just really nice

Name: Kevin
only_K's Tacoma Gallery
well if that is your only option then i would go with 50 series. It has a more refined tone to it. less rumble but very deep. i also used to run 40 series on mine. it sounded good at low rpms but if i floored it it sounded bad.

as for the noise level. it will be around the same noise. my friend is running a 50 series on his tahoe and it sounds good compared to his 40 series silverado. nut both are v8 mind you.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:49 AM   #5

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by only_K View Post
well if that is your only option then i would go with 50 series. It has a more refined tone to it. less rumble but very deep. i also used to run 40 series on mine. it sounded good at low rpms but if i floored it it sounded bad.

as for the noise level. it will be around the same noise. my friend is running a 50 series on his tahoe and it sounds good compared to his 40 series silverado. nut both are v8 mind you.
I really like the 40 at about 2,000 rpm but if i go at it, it gets ricey. I would just really like to know how much quieter the 50 is because i love how loud the 40 is.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
It's a work in progress.
LeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadFootCaliKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
LeadFootCaliKid's Tacoma Gallery
If you want it to really sound good, intake, headers, and a quality exhaust. Headers make a huge difference. Replacing the muffler won't make it sound much different. I have a single in/out Flowmaster 40 thats dumped before the axle. I agree that the higher RPMs sound kinda weird. Out in the desert, you fit right in. Haha. It's grown on me though. I like it now.

I think a friend of mine has a 50 and I didn't even know he has a new muffler at all. My suggestion, don't waste money on a new muff. You already have some sound. Save it for other parts that make more of a difference. DT Long Tube's make these engines sound real nice.

I've never really liked the sound of many Tacomas. A lot sound like go-carts, even with an exhaust. Mine sounds different probably because it's dumped.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Super 44... it sounds beast!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
RPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shedRPain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
RPain's Tacoma Gallery
Dual outs look sick but not on the 1st gens. I think bigger trucks can pull them off a lot better. keep the 40 if you like more sound. if u want less go with the 50
Old 03-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #9
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
None of these, go with the American Thunder Flowmaster.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #10

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I got the Super 44... it sounds beast!
Is the super 44 loud like the 40 and really deep like the 50?
Old 03-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #11
#1 Member
Tacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud of

Name: Hunter
Tacofanatic05''s Tacoma Gallery
I have the super 44 and i love it! it is a 1 in and 2 out. its very deep roar and is even loud at idle! The best in my opinon!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #12

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacofanatic05' View Post
I have the super 44 and i love it! it is a 1 in and 2 out. its very deep roar and is even loud at idle! The best in my opinon!
Is it the super 44 extreme or just the regular one? Is there a difference or is one just plated to make it stronger?
Old 03-12-2010, 04:39 AM   #13
#1 Member
Tacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud ofTacofanatic05' has much to be proud of

Name: Hunter
Tacofanatic05''s Tacoma Gallery
Im pretty sure the only difference is how it looks and the price. I just got the plain black one and im really glad i did!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #14

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacofanatic05' View Post
Im pretty sure the only difference is how it looks and the price. I just got the plain black one and im really glad i did!
Cool. Thanks for the help. I know what i'm doing this weekend now.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #15
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
SUPPER 44 definately!!!!! Totally agree with tacomafanatic!!! His sounds great!!! Deep and loud!!! Rumbles great!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #16
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 40 series and like it but definately recommend the super 44
Old 03-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis toyo View Post
Cool. Thanks for the help. I know what i'm doing this weekend now.
When you get it done you'll have to put a new post up to show us, maybe even a little sound clip!
Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #18
ILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shedILove2Drive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
ILove2Drive's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't ever heard a 44 that I know of, I was running 2 flowmaster 40s at one time and i bought 2 44s to replace it cause i wanted it to be louder but the muffler shop said the 44 was quieter than the 40! So i ended up running straight pipes and I love the sound IMO its the best sound my truck has ever had, I get quite a few compliments on it. But you will DEFINITELY notice a difference between a single 40 and 2 40s, when i added the 2nd one that made a pretty big difference it sounded much better. If you go with 44 definitely post up a clip if ya can id like to hear it!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #19
That's a fact Jack!

Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILove2Drive View Post
I haven't ever heard a 44 that I know of, I was running 2 flowmaster 40s at one time and i bought 2 44s to replace it cause i wanted it to be louder but the muffler shop said the 44 was quieter than the 40! So i ended up running straight pipes and I love the sound IMO its the best sound my truck has ever had, I get quite a few compliments on it. But you will DEFINITELY notice a difference between a single 40 and 2 40s, when i added the 2nd one that made a pretty big difference it sounded much better. If you go with 44 definitely post up a clip if ya can id like to hear it!
I have a video of one on tacomafanatics truck, but I cant figure out how to get it posted!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #20

STravis's Tacoma Gallery
I got the Super 44 this weekend and i love the way it sounds. I will hopefully get some pictures soon.