Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler question

Old 03-11-2010, 06:02 PM   #1
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Brad
BradleyJ33's Tacoma Gallery
Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler question

Ok, I've searched and come up with different answers. I have a 2010 TRD Sport 4.0L V6 and have decided to go with a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler rather than the full cat-back. I've seen conflicting answers on here, some saying to go 2.25 in/out, others say 2.5 in/out. Dynomax part # is 17747 for 2.25 and 17748 for 2.5. Which one is the one that I need? Is one of these the correct muffler that I need? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You can use either one. The shop that installs it will use a reducer if the in/out is too large.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know how it sounds! I may put a super turbo on my stock pipes.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
for my aero turbine i got the 2.5 in/out and it worked fine.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Geaux Tigers
BradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to beholdBradleyJ33 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoSupreem View Post
Let us know how it sounds! I may put a super turbo on my stock pipes.

I definitely will. Went with the 2.5 in/out, part #17748, and got it from Amazon for $43 with free shipping today. Will report back as soon as I get it installed! Now just debating whether I wanna dump it after the axle or put a chrome tip on...truck is completely blacked out, so leaning toward dumping it...
Old 05-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #7
HIKR is on a distinguished road

HIKR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyJ33 View Post
I definitely will. Went with the 2.5 in/out, part #17748, and got it from Amazon for $43 with free shipping today. Will report back as soon as I get it installed! Now just debating whether I wanna dump it after the axle or put a chrome tip on...truck is completely blacked out, so leaning toward dumping it...
Just wondering if you installed the super turbo, and what you think of it. Did you dump the exhaust after the axle?
Old 05-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #8
Geaux Tigers

I love it. It definitely adds a slight bit of pep to the truck, and I like the sound. I had a flowmaster with turndowns on my old chevy v6, and it was a little loud for me. This makes the truck sound like a truck, but not too loud, and no annoying drone at steady rpms. I just left the tailpipe for now, although I'm giving more and more thought to chopping it after the axle, just to not have the pipe sticking out. I definitely recomment the dynomax super turbo for this truck. Hope this helps.