Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Slightly Disappointed in DTLT

Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Slightly Disappointed in DTLT

So lets start this off on the plus side of things. The headers gave Great performance gains, feels alot faster but, i think my truck sounds like shit now. Idling and low RPM sounds really throatie but when i got up to about 3-4 grand, had it had been a tv show i would have turned it off, it sounded like a honda with a fartcan on it. but then back around 5-6grand sounded really mean again. If it wasnt for that one slight sound error i would absolutely love this buy!

For anyone wanting to buy some they are good, i think with a different muffler it would be different, but im running a flowmaster single chamber....and not my favorite with the headers. Ill see if i can post a few video's tomorrow when i get up.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
Stock Taco For Now
311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed311offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
311offroad's Tacoma Gallery
try out a resonator??
Old 03-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea i have a resonator after the muffler to tone it down a little bit because that single chamber is a beast
Old 03-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
what is your full exhaust setup?

The DTLT are very raspy! IMO, the DTLT are a very shitty design.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #5
McGrubber

Im running the DTLT, to a flowmaster 10 series, and right after the flowmaster is a corvette Z06 resignator, single out the side. I also have a K&n CAI, i think that might make a lil difference.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #6
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
get rid of that horrible flowmaster for anything else and it will sound good again.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:03 AM   #7
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk35 View Post
get rid of that horrible flowmaster for anything else and it will sound good again.
dito.

I love the way the aero turbine 2525XL muffler sounds with the DTLT and stock y-pipe.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #8
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
I dont understand why everyone is installing the DT when LC engineering makes a far superior header... Maybe they don't make the same one for the V6?

It's all equal-length independent pipes like a true performance header SHOULD be, AND it comes with all the factory gaskets for the same price. I haven't heard of anyone trying it but I am going to order mine soon and do a w/u.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:35 AM   #9
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
I dont understand why everyone is installing the DT when LC engineering makes a far superior header... Maybe they don't make the same one for the V6?

It's all equal-length independent pipes like a true performance header SHOULD be, AND it comes with all the factory gaskets for the same price. I haven't heard of anyone trying it but I am going to order mine soon and do a w/u.
Unfortunately they do not make a header for the 1GR motor at this time.

We are stuck with the DT Long tubes/shorties, or the JBA shorties...

For now...