Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

performance for 07 taco

Old 02-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #1
texastaco is on a distinguished road
texastaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to texastaco
Talking performance for 07 taco

I am looking for a little more "umph" out of my truck. I am having an air-intake installed tomorrow. Any other ideas other than the loud exhaust?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
It's all a matter of how much do you want to spend!!!

Is it a V6 or the 4 banger? With a good intake, exhaust and a proper tune you can get some more oomph out of it.

For some good oomph you need to change the air pressure inside the intake manifold from a neagative number to a positive number.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:03 AM   #3
It is a 6 cyl. I am having an "Air Raid" intake installed today. Was thinking about a Magnaflow exhaust, but do not want the loud noise (it's really nice having a peaceful ride after getting rid of the Powerstroke). 4 Wheel Parts is looking into the possibility of using one of Magnaflows quiter mufflers and seeing how much that would affect performance. How do you go about changing the air presssure inside the manifold?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastaco View Post
How do you go about changing the air presssure inside the manifold?
Let us know how much it improves after the intake and exhaust.

You will have to get yourself either a Turbo or Supercharger to increase intake pressure other wise known as boost.

Like I said it's all about how much you want to spend.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
twoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwoarezee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

twoarezee's Tacoma Gallery
you should get a 18" -24" magnaflow, it will be quiet but still have a deep aggressive tone. check out www.urdusa.com if you want to make good power.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:45 AM   #6
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
I always recommend headers for an exhaust system. Those manifold systems just don't flow well.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:38 AM   #7
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
superchargers can run from $3000 and up so what's your spending limit. ther's also NOS
Old 02-22-2007, 11:47 AM   #8
AZtacoma07 is on a distinguished road
AZtacoma07's Tacoma Gallery
I'm getting an 18" magnaflow on my 07 dbl cab long bed 4x4 next week. I'll report what kind of performance and noise I get.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the URD MAF calibrator. It will add at least 15hp.

http://www.urdusa.com/
Old 02-26-2007, 03:35 PM   #10
AZtacoma07 is on a distinguished road
AZtacoma07's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I had an 18" magnaflow (part number 11256) installed a few days ago. I definately got some more pick up off the line, but lost a little top end power. The sound is about what I expected. It's loud when you get on it and then it dies to a low growl when cruising at freeway speeds. I purchased the muffler for $66 on ebay (that was including shipping) and had it installed for $40. I think that is a pretty good deal.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #11
The MagnaFlow rep told me he could supply me with there complete system and substitute an optional muffler that isn't much louder than the stock and only slightly reduces the gains. I'll let you know what happens after it is installed.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:36 PM   #12
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
The MagnaFlow rep told me he could supply me with there complete system and substitute an optional muffler that isn't much louder than the stock and only slightly reduces the gains. I'll let you know what happens after it is installed.
Sounds great! Let us know what you think about it. Between the Air Raid, the exhaust, and a MAF Calibrator you should get a noticible difference. That is if you go with the MAF Cal.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #13
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Whats a complete system, cat back or all the way from headers to tail pipe? How much are they asking?
Old 02-26-2007, 08:08 PM   #14
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have the TRD exhaust for my 06 V6 Double Cab and to tell you the truth I really havn't noticed a bit of difference with that vs. the stock exhaust when it comes in terms of performance.. It isn't loud tho except when you step on it you get a great rumble but when your cruising you can't even tell....
Old 04-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #15
NomolosTRD is on a distinguished road

NomolosTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the TRD intake and i noticed an increse in power right away, but there was still some resistance in the pedal. I put on a Magnaflow custom exhaust and it really boosted the power. I bet it is pushing 270+ HP now and it sounds great.

Old 04-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #16
TacoChef is on a distinguished road

TacoChef's Tacoma Gallery
Tacochef

Can you imagine I work for Toyota but didn't know about TRD cold air.
Anyway I have K&N cold air intake and magnaflow exhaust. Just added the finishing touch JBA headers! Pulls real strong.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #17
Steve762us is on a distinguished road
Steve762us's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
Check out the URD MAF calibrator. It will add at least 15hp.

http://www.urdusa.com/
Are the V6's considered rich-running? I'm only three weeks into an 07, but exhaust looks pretty clean.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:07 AM   #18
midV6size is on a distinguished road
midV6size's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomolosTRD View Post
I installed the TRD intake and i noticed an increse in power right away, but there was still some resistance in the pedal. I put on a Magnaflow custom exhaust and it really boosted the power. I bet it is pushing 270+ HP now and it sounds great.

Is that all you added, an intake and exhaust, to add that much extra hp? Just curious.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:00 AM   #19
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
A stock Tacoma 4.0 puts about 195 hp to the wheels. Adding an intake may add about 5 to 10 hp. Exhaust may add 5 to 10. Removing cats might add a few more.

Without a MAF calibrator I doubt you can get over 25 hp total from an intake & exhaust upgrade.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:39 AM   #20
midV6size is on a distinguished road
midV6size's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoChef View Post
Can you imagine I work for Toyota but didn't know about TRD cold air.
Anyway I have K&N cold air intake and magnaflow exhaust. Just added the finishing touch JBA headers! Pulls real strong.

That's what I intend to do as well.