Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Trd supercharger-how much hp?

Old 03-18-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
TRD for warranty and URD if you don't care and you have money.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
looked at both. dont want to waste the money on the trd if it only gives 280+rwhp more due to all my mods. 400 would be nice tho
I'd rather keep my truck's performance near stock and use my money to make a car go fast. IMO something like a GTO or Foxbody Mustang would be more fun with a lot of power.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
yeah, but Id like to see nate hook up a force fed system and take it for a spin.......I did toss him the keys to my truck a while back after all
Forced induction is badass in any vehicle. I want a TRD blower for my truck but $$$$.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #7
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
The URD blower can't come anywhere close to the the torque that the TRD can produce.

The most recent TRD dyno pulled over 410rwhp and like 450rwtq, with bolt-ons, tune, and a small 30 shot of nitrous, on a very restricted tune (safety first). It has since been retuned and is probably pushing close to 500rwtq and about 450rwhp.

TRD Supercharger + Nitrous kit = More power then you will need.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
The URD blower can't come anywhere close to the the torque that the TRD can produce.

The most recent TRD dyno pulled over 410rwhp and like 450rwtq, with bolt-ons, tune, and a small 30 shot of nitrous, on a very restricted tune (safety first). It has since been retuned and is probably pushing close to 500rwtq and about 450rwhp.

TRD Supercharger + Nitrous kit = More power then you will need.
how much psi boost? and how much nitrous? 150 shot
Old 03-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
TRD FTW

URD 2.8 pully
Old 03-19-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What if the same amount of nitrous was used in the URD?
the stock air surge tank won't take nitrous very well because of the ACIS valve inside it.

Plus you won't get anywhere near the gains. Positive displacement blowers + nitrous go together as well as a 'sword' and a 'sheath' (if you catch my drift). You spray through the supercharger which puts the blower efficiency at > 100%, where its usually in the 75-95% (depending on lots of variables). With the URD, you don't want to spray through the blower.

So your 30 shot = 15-30ft-lbs of torque, where on the the TRD blower, that 30 shot = 45-60ft-lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
how much psi boost? and how much nitrous? 150 shot
He did his on 9psi of boost, 30 shot of n2o, in 70° weather, on a very conservative tune.

On my motor, I plan on running quite a bit larger shot. 10psi of boost, and maybe a 75-125 shot. Which will put me into the 500rwhp range pretty easily, and god knows how much torque.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #11
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
but I don't want a supercharger that needs nitrous to catch up to the URD, so I will just get the URD.
lol, the nitrous isn't needed.. trust me.

Fastest trucks out there are TRD supercharged with bolt-ons and a tune.

My stock pulley, i/h/e, on street tires, and tune was faster then a MKII Stage III with drag radials (both ET and MPH, with a slower 60')

If you don't like the roots whining sound, the URD is much quieter. While it will make good redline HP numbers, it doesn't have the torque that the TRD does. torque wins races, torque pulls shit, hp is good for bragging.

Remember gadget's 400hp dyno, was on race gas, with a full custom race tune. The last Stage III dyno I saw was in a double cab, automatic, and it dyno'd 340rwhp.

If the URD kit, was say $1000 cheaper, then I would say it is an awesome kit. I like to race, and drive fast, and the URD kit won't ever get my truck moving the way the TRD blower does.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #12
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
heres how i see it.....

The URD blower is, what, ~ $5800? and the TRD can be had for $2900-4......

If youre going to be paying $1800-2500 more for the URD, then i would hope you would see better numbers (when only considering the blower, not supporting mods).....

So if it were me id look at the cost vs the benefit.....

1. TRD is much cheaper AND you will retain factory warranty...... (and lets not forget that the quickest reported tacoma has the TRD..... and i believe Xrunnit has the "fastest" as far as trap times(without nitrous i believe).

2. The URD is quite a bit more, but when comparing just the blowers side by side, you do get more power....

I dunno. If it were my choice id go with the TRD (personal choice) because numbers arent everything.

only my 2 cents though. good luck with your decision.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #13
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
heres how i see it.....

The URD blower is, what, ~ $5800? and the TRD can be had for $2900-4......

If youre going to be paying $1800-2500 more for the URD, then i would hope you would see better numbers (when only considering the blower, not supporting mods).....

So if it were me id look at the cost vs the benefit.....

1. TRD is much cheaper AND you will retain factory warranty...... (and lets not forget that the quickest reported tacoma has the TRD..... and i believe Xrunnit has the "fastest" as far as trap times(without nitrous i believe).

2. The URD is quite a bit more, but when comparing just the blowers side by side, you do get more power....

I dunno. If it were my choice id go with the TRD (personal choice) because numbers arent everything.

only my 2 cents though. good luck with your decision.
Well one benefit the URD does have, that has that cost up, is it comes with the X-1 and fueling upgrades. Which you would still need to get for the TRD blower to push the high performance numbers

When you break down the cost:benefit, they are pretty close in cost to have the equal mods. But one will make a ton of torque, the other not soo much, but might have a higher redline HP.

And I have the 2nd fastest trap. A twin-turbo'd XR beat me by 1mph. And that was when I was mostly stock. I've done a LOT of work since my last trip out, and hope to regain that 05+ Tacoma trap record.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #14
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Well one benefit the URD does have, that has that cost up, is it comes with the X-1 and fueling upgrades. Which you would still need to get for the TRD blower to push the high performance numbers

When you break down the cost:benefit, they are pretty close in cost to have the equal mods. But one will make a ton of torque, the other not soo much, but might have a higher redline HP.

And I have the 2nd fastest trap. A twin-turbo'd XR beat me by 1mph. And that was when I was mostly stock. I've done a LOT of work since my last trip out, and hope to regain that 05+ Tacoma trap record.
gotcha. I was unaware that the URD kit came with the X-1.

but i knew that of the two kits you had the best trap.... the TT doesnt count.... and like you said, by now, im sure youve got him.