Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

i have questions about intake/exhuast!

Old 04-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
elrichien is on a distinguished road
Army: Mental health lol
elrichien's Tacoma Gallery
i have questions about intake/exhuast!

I just got a 2008 trd sport tacoma. And I was wondering is it worth to buy intake and complete exhuast system? I really like the truck but i would really like to get better mpg's. So What u guys think?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #2
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! There is a lot of info on this site regarding exhaust and intakes, just use the search function.
Old 04-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt you'd see much improvement in MPG by upgrading to a CAI and exhaust. Maybe removing the secondary filter and adding a low restriction drop in filter would help a bit.

And gdawg is right, there is ample info here. Have a search and you'll be surprised what you find.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:35 PM   #4
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
if you want better mpg's either do one or the other when it comes to cai and exhaust. I did cai first and noticed a slight gain also liked the sound, then added a flowmaster 40 and my mpg is back down to where i was before i got my cai, but i love the sound so its worth it to me.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:05 AM   #5
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Welcome to TW.aFe drop in.Cut out and replace the muffler.Depending on which muffler you go with,you're cost should be under 250.