Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

TRD Supercharger

Old 03-21-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Insert nonsense here
rmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura about

rmerchant3's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Supercharger

I see everyone stating that the TRD supercharger kit runs around $2000.00 The cheapest I have ever seen was $4200.00 (that was for the blower, injectors, and all hardware) Anyone have any idea wear to find it for this hallowed 2K?

Edit: I'm talking for the second gen.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
outlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoutlaw7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FO on the OP
Name: Brandon
outlaw7's Tacoma Gallery
one or two guys picked them up for like 2500 or so from an ebay seller some member sold one on here last week for 3100 plus shipping. i ordered mine from trdparts4u.com for 3950 shipped to my door and it included everything. hope this helps
Old 03-21-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
i got mine for 3600 from a member
Old 03-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Insert nonsense here
rmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura aboutrmerchant3 has a spectacular aura about

That's kinda what I was thinking, kinda one of those deals that you have to stumble upon.

Do you think it's honestly worth the cash? I do a lot of track days with my bike and tow a pretty heavy load. I'm looking at it more for that aspect. Is it a night and day difference?
Old 03-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Night and day totally for me, and its not like the new BMW electronic feel with the lag. Its there as soon as you need it. And for 100 bucks you can get another 30-40 hpwith a 2.8 pulley
Old 03-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
Insert nonsense here

Awesome...looks like I need to start saving up then.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Crownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of lightCrownedcustoms is a glorious beacon of light
Crownedcustoms's Tacoma Gallery
Whats it do to your MPG?
Old 03-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #8

well, if you drive it like you have a supercharger you get supercharger like gas mileage. but if you drive it normally most of the time boost doesnt even kick in for me
Old 03-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
What's normal for you? What rpm do you normally get up to when accelerating on city streets?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #10
WTF
1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future1TUFFTRD has a brilliant future

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Super charger? I'd be in trouble real quick
Old 03-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
What's normal for you? What rpm do you normally get up to when accelerating on city streets?
Im getting 13-14mpg right now hopefully i think, i let it get up to 5k or a little over(ive never hit the rev limiter). Im young its a fast truck i think its ok for me to threat it like this. Im looking into valve body upgrades right now, but usually i drive it normally and occasionally sprint it.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
So normal for you is accelerating to 5k rpm's and you get 13-14mpg? just want to make sure I understand.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #13

yes, about 1 out of 5 times i sprint from a stop and let it climb to 5000 and i get around 13mpgs. And i love driving this truck
Old 03-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #14
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
yes, about 1 out of 5 times i sprint from a stop and let it climb to 5000 and i get around 13mpgs. And i love driving this truck
what about the other 4 times?
Old 03-21-2010, 08:52 PM   #15
SIINALOA 226
sinaloa226 is on a distinguished road

sinaloa226's Tacoma Gallery
suscribing
Old 03-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #16

I am the first one off the stoplight, but im not driving it balls to the walls like the other one. Im still agressive when i do take off tho. but the 1/5 time if its wet or loose gravel i burn pretty bad without trying. Thats with the 285s too.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #17
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
I usually keep it just under 3k, you think my gas mileage would be as low as yours?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #18

no way, if you grandpa drive it boost doesn't kick in and it should hardly effect gas mileage aside for the small amount of drag on the crank, but some argue it doesn't effect it at all. with stock tires and driving it without boost most the time you could easily get 18 or higher I think.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #19
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
grandpa!?! thats pretty quick! I guess I should start saving for my next mod...
Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #20
"Its go time, baby!"
Shawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to beholdShawneily is a splendid one to behold

Name: Shawn
Shawneily's Tacoma Gallery
I wish they made these for the '95.. if its even possible..