LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Looking for a High Flow Cat / new muffler

Old 03-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a High Flow Cat / new muffler

Currently im running DTLT's, URD Y, and TRD exhaust. So i dont have any cats, and you can tell by simply standing by my truck being that the smell is so strong.

So im looking for a High flow cat, and have no idea what im looking at here. I know magnaflow makes some, but what size? i just dont know.

Also, As i said, im running the TRD catback...... I have heard good things about Aero Turbine, Any comments? im trying to get rid of some of this RASP that the DTLT's come with.

post your suggestions please! thanks,
Old 03-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
If you are catless, then you will need the Aero 2525XL and most likely an additional resonator (AR25).

The aero by itself doesn't do much to muffle rasp, so a resonator (or built in one) will be needed.

If you are putting cats into the URD y-pipe, then you will want 2.25" cats.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #3
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was hoping you'd chime in.

If i were to put cats on the URD Y, and do the aero, do you think the cats would help the rasp at all? or would you still reccoment a resonator?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
I was hoping you'd chime in.

If i were to put cats on the URD Y, and do the aero, do you think the cats would help the rasp at all? or would you still reccoment a resonator?
Cats in the y-pipe, and the aero 2525XL should tame most if not all the of the rasp. If you are still worried, you can pick up the AR25 resonator for around $45 shipped and place that just before the muffler, and you will have a real deep, smooth sound.

Is the TRD CBE a 2.5"?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Cats in the y-pipe, and the aero 2525XL should tame most if not all the of the rasp. If you are still worried, you can pick up the AR25 resonator for around $45 shipped and place that just before the muffler, and you will have a real deep, smooth sound.

Is the TRD CBE a 2.5"?

ill have to check and get back to you. not sure.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #6
Bear River is on a distinguished road
Bear River's Tacoma Gallery
Just be aware, most of the cats Magnaflow sells are not high flow cats. Most of them are ordinary 400 cpi ceramic cats. This is high flow by 80's standards, but most stock systems use the same density, so the Magnaflow cats would have no advantage over stock in terms of flow.

If you do want real high flow cats, you need the Magnaflow Spun converters, like these
http://www.car-sound.com/02product/u...versalspun.asp

Be advised, these are overly priced for the low quality. They use a palladium only substrate that is known for its poor performance. They can be found cheaply because they do not have enough precious metals to be effective cats. You will likely end up replacing them every year. If you want good high flow cats, you need these.

http://www.bearriverconverters.com/C...8-fdabd01d9526

These have a rhodium/palladium blend and the loadings are up to 4 times higher than those found in other brands, resulting in a durable long lasting and effective product that will last for many years.
Since you are a TW member, you qualify for a 25% discount on the cats.

On sound, the high flow cats would still sound pretty sweet, but it will clean up a lot of the rasp.

I am running real high flow cats on my van.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #8

Thanks guys for the info. Bear River, i will definately be contacting/purchasing from you in the near future. I still am running catless, and i have a kiddo now and i dont want him around the tailpipe as it is right now. Too many fumes.

Products Discussed in this Thread