Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

My new AFE CAI

Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
My new AFE CAI

Hello, just wanted to show you my new AFE CAI, installed it myself it wasn't that hard though. What do you guys think?

I love it!! I recommend it 100%, great deep sound. Couldn't be happier with it.

This is what I got for $330 free shipping, not bad for me

Before

After

A couple more pics

Old 03-23-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
Carlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud of
Army:
Carlo's Tacoma Gallery
Did you notice any performance difference?
Old 03-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
Did you notice any performance difference?
Yeah I did, I went on the fwy just after installing it and did 110 miles really quick. If I knew how to post videos I would post the video of it.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Like the pre filter, the only reason I want a CAI
Old 03-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #5
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
the aFe Stage 2 Si intake was very well designed. They designed the original TRD intake.

Great call!!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
whats with the 2 filters?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
whats with the 2 filters?
Came with the whole thing, also the restoring kit for the oiled filter.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
is one of them a dry filter and the other an oiled?
Old 03-23-2010, 10:51 PM   #9
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
is one of them a dry filter and the other an oiled?
Correct
Old 03-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #10
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
that's a great deal! where did you purchase from? good job on the install....
Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #12
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, i just went there and 360 shipped was the cheapest i seen, you have a coupon code or something?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:14 PM   #13
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
They had $30 off on presidents day. The installation was really easy.
I might do a step by step with pics later, I took like 20 :/
Old 03-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #14
Carlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud ofCarlo has much to be proud of
Army:
Carlo's Tacoma Gallery
I see your in California too, so I assume no smog issues?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ummm none so far lol
Old 03-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #16
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
No smog until the vehicle is 5 years old. When you go for a smog you will have to remove it but it's easy enough to swap it.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
No smog until the vehicle is 5 years old. When you go for a smog you will have to remove it but it's easy enough to swap it.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #19
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see why not. The oil that came with the restoring kit is kinda blue, if I'm correct the TRD filter is red, isn't it?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #20
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFI2Toyota View Post
Nice install. Looks good. Actually one of the better ones I have seen.
Thanks...