Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

exhaust mufflers etc

Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust mufflers etc

hey can someone help me out! i am looking at making my truck sound different! what do i need to do?

exhaust mufflers,?? can someone tell me what to get! thanks

its a 97 tacoma lx 5 lug 4 clynder
Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Got brake lights? Big ones??
Some Old Blind Man is on a distinguished road

Army: 34Y RA, 31U NG (both long ago)
Some Old Blind Man's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, changing the muffler will change the exhaust sound. Exhaust choice depends on what kind of sound you want, and your budget. If you don't have enough for a full cat-back, just get the muffler & have it mounted (that's what I just did today).. do some searching on exhaust... I'm sure you'll find video's so you can hear differences.

A good set of headers will change the sound somewhat, and give you a couple ponies. I ran LCE LongTubes on my 96 2RZ & enjoyed them.. didn't make exhaust louder, but did change the tone and did give me a couple ponies.

An Intake will change the underhood sound, and might give you a couple ponies (there are many arguements on this)...
Old 03-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #3
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, so if the mufflers will change the sound a bit ima go with that one! however will it be a noticable change from stock?