Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Performance and MPG

Old 03-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Performance and MPG

Alright so i have a 6" lift and 35's. No complaints but i would like more power and mpg, i have intake and exhaust. Would the dtlt headers help both or should i save for gears?
Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Sighless is on a distinguished road
Sighless's Tacoma Gallery
a v8 would help! j/k

lifting the truck and adding a few hundred pounds consisting of tires and wheels will affect the performance and mpg of the truck.

gears will get you the in town mileage but may suffer on the hwy.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
I am just going to throw this out the first and foremost... Power and miles per gallon are contradicting terms. It takes more fuel to make more power. Pure and simple. True, the DTLT headers will probably help your case simply because the truck won't have to work as hard in certain situations, but with your lift and 35" tires, you will probably never see the gas mileage number that you would hope to.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
My friends got a 6inch lift and 35 km2s and he regeared and his mpg and power is all back. He said he even got more power then b4
Old 03-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
supercharger had one of the funniest rides in my truck tonight
Old 03-30-2010, 12:44 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sighless View Post
a v8 would help! j/k

lifting the truck and adding a few hundred pounds consisting of tires and wheels will affect the performance and mpg of the truck.

gears will get you the in town mileage but may suffer on the hwy.
well i didn't lift my truck to get good milage lol just every little bit helps, ya a ls1 would be nice
Old 03-30-2010, 07:03 PM   #7
skillet_83 is on a distinguished road
Army: I practice OPSEC =P
Name: Anthony
skillet_83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
I am just going to throw this out the first and foremost... Power and miles per gallon are contradicting terms. It takes more fuel to make more power. Pure and simple. True, the DTLT headers will probably help your case simply because the truck won't have to work as hard in certain situations, but with your lift and 35" tires, you will probably never see the gas mileage number that you would hope to.
not true... intake and exhaust upgrades improve mileage under normal driving circumstances due to the increase in engine efficiency. Just cause your vehicle makes more top end power doesn't mean you have to drive it like you stole it, but as well all know we usually do after doing an upgrade.

This is an expensive solution but you can tune your car with APR X-One or something like it. Stock vehicles run pig rich (neighborhood of 10.5 to 1) so if you can tune that to around a 12.5 or so... you won't be wasting fuel. Better atomization and what not and less unspent fuel ($$) going out your exhaust.

Plus any type of tunable piggy back or stand-alone will only benifit future modifications.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by skillet_83 View Post
not true... intake and exhaust upgrades improve mileage under normal driving circumstances due to the increase in engine efficiency. Just cause your vehicle makes more top end power doesn't mean you have to drive it like you stole it, but as well all know we usually do after doing an upgrade.

This is an expensive solution but you can tune your car with APR X-One or something like it. Stock vehicles run pig rich (neighborhood of 10.5 to 1) so if you can tune that to around a 12.5 or so... you won't be wasting fuel. Better atomization and what not and less unspent fuel ($$) going out your exhaust.

Plus any type of tunable piggy back or stand-alone will only benifit future modifications.
i'm thinking about it, not sure how much gears are but i know they are very expensive