LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Whats the best header??

Old 04-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #21
docbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the sheddocbrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

docbrown's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the DTLT headers and am quite satisfied with them, but as XrunnerIT says, if you are really into performance, you will probably be disappointed. However, for a bolt on mod that can be installed in an afternoon, it is hard to beat. I am noticing maybe .5 to 1mpg increase (still monitoring, only one tank so far), but a definite power increase above 2500 RPM's and barely louder than stock. Pretty good value for my type of driving. Every mod is a personal preference, what I think is great someone else might think is not so hot. That's the beauty of making your truck your own.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #23
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb11701 View Post
A girl with no teeth?
I'm sure that's exactly what he was thinking...
Old 01-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #24
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
WailuaTaco808's Tacoma Gallery
Ok so i see that everyone is saying Doug thorly... what about JBA or any other brands? I have only heard go JBA or DT does any one else even make headers for our trucks?

Ill be doing a header mod soon i think... or atleast next

Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #29
808 Member
WailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWailuaTaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so no one has used any other brand of header besides DT or JBA?? looks like a bing or google search is in order....
Old 01-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #30
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
URD has the JBA and DT Long Tube headers in stock and on sale.

If you buy the URD Rear O2 Sensor Sim with the headers you save a lot of money on the sim in a package deal. The sim sells for $139 by its self and around $80-100 with the headers.

G
Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #31
Weou09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Larry
Weou09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
you could do that. Your performance curve will still be similar to the long tubes, as you'll only be getting a good gain during a small window.

header tuning/performance comes from the length and diameter of the primary tubes, as well as the length and outlet diameter of the collector.

Neither the shorties or the DTLT come anywhere close to being tuned for performance. They are designed to be a bolt-on mod that is affordable, and will satisfy the vast majority of the targeted audience.
There is also benefit from having the primaries arranged on the collector in the same order as the firing order. If you look at the DL headers one side it is in a counter-clockwise arrangement and the other side is clockwise. Not ideal for performance.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #32
B3AS7808 is on a distinguished road
Navy:
B3AS7808's Tacoma Gallery
I wrote borla saying that they should produce Headers for the Tacoma's not just catback systems, thats doing it half ass!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:44 AM   #34
808 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3AS7808 View Post
I wrote borla saying that they should produce Headers for the Tacoma's not just catback systems, thats doing it half ass!!!
a-Fkn-greed!!! only as long as they are performance headers..... give us something better to choose from
Old 02-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #36
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
I hear, that there is something coming down the pipes.....

Just not from Borla.
Eagerly waiting
Old 02-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #37
Are you Recreationally Insane?
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brant Luckow
mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
How did I know you would be at the end of this thread with the texts I am getting from you right now about exhaust mods...... Oh and your truck reminds me of a tampon now....

It has wings! LOL
Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #38
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.trd View Post
How did I know you would be at the end of this thread with the texts I am getting from you right now about exhaust mods...... Oh and your truck reminds me of a tampon now....

It has wings! LOL
Isn't that a pad that has wings? haha And my rear bumper is like halfway built FYI! haha
Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #39
mr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedmr.trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
Funny how both of our sig pics are only about 500 yards away and yet they look so different! Anyone else notice a gas mileage drop when you put the DTLT Headers on? I am down to 10-12 mpg on the freeway at 75mph and it is killing me. I have the DTLT headers, a custom y-pipe that has 18" resinators instead of the small cats and a Borla muffler for the exhuast side and a snorkel that goes into a AFE sealed intake on the intake side. TRD thinks that my truck is just begging for a S/C? And that it would raise my gas mileage up 5-6 mpg. Anyone with any experience in this department have any ideas? Oh and I am on 295/75R16's, factory gear ratio of 3.73, automatic and have lots of weight and no arrowdynamics....
Old 02-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #40

mr.trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Isn't that a pad that has wings? haha And my rear bumper is like halfway built FYI! haha
I don't have to get the terms correct! I am no woman.....LOL

But yeah I think you are right.....