Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Headers. Your thoughts?

Old 03-27-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Headers. Your thoughts?

How do you guys like your headers, are they worth the performance. I was browsing JBA and they have dyno proven tests, sound good, and are said to gain Hp, Torque and gas mileage.

Ive heard they are alot better for your engine as well.

Anybody have any negatives? Positives?
I have a flowmaster40 right now and it has helped a little on performance. But not a great amount. Id guess 10-12 hp and maybe 1mpg
Old 03-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSpyderguyx View Post
How do you guys like your headers, are they worth the performance. I was browsing JBA and they have dyno proven tests, sound good, and are said to gain Hp, Torque and gas mileage.

Ive heard they are alot better for your engine as well.

Anybody have any negatives? Positives?
I have a flowmaster40 right now and it has helped a little on performance. But not a great amount. Id guess 10-12 hp and maybe 1mpg
I've heard JBA's were junk (I still have stock manifolds). The general consensus around here is that the TRD headers are best for the 3.4 in HP gains.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #3
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
Yeahhhhhhh you didn't gain 10 hp from a flowmaster...if anything you lost some. Sorry to rain on your parade
Old 03-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
Yeahhhhhhh you didn't gain 10 hp from a flowmaster...if anything you lost some. Sorry to rain on your parade
lol, I wasn't going to say anything. They do sound good though.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
Ive heard hp can go down, but i have noticed significant throttle response. I got bigger piping from the muffler back from what I had previously had.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I got the TRD's and they are by far the best for the 3.4L, I think that Dough Thorley is pretty good too. But the TRD's do give great Hp and Trq gains. Especially in the low to mid range. which is the best!

Install isn't too hard either, there is some welding involved but not too bad. If you do descide to get them I will be more then happy to help ya out with anything! I see your also in WA state, where at exactly?
Old 03-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
I got the TRD's and they are by far the best for the 3.4L, I think that Dough Thorley is pretty good too. But the TRD's do give great Hp and Trq gains. Especially in the low to mid range. which is the best!

Install isn't too hard either, there is some welding involved but not too bad. If you do descide to get them I will be more then happy to help ya out with anything! I see your also in WA state, where at exactly?
Northwest, Port Angeles WA
I think there are a couple shops I could go to. got any pics and maybe some links for what you ordered.

Price range?