1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exhaust System Upgrades

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by BLOCKADE, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Jul 27, 2008 at 9:52 AM
    mcollins

mcollins Member

Member:
    Grants Pass, OR
    Vehicle:
    05 4.0L, TRD, SR5, black
    3" lift, 33" toyo m/t, k&n intake,
    So I would have no idea how to figure out the best combination, so if anyone has any suggestions for an exhaust combination for an '05 TRD sport, 4.0L, 4x4, with K&N CAI, I would really appreciate them!

Thanks

2. Jul 27, 2008 at 10:02 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    replace the filter on the k and n cai with an afe pro dry s filter, and get the muffler of your choice. for sound, go with something baffled, like a flowmaster(thats what i love), or something straight thru for performance....like dynomax or magnaflow. you can also straight pipe the 2 rear cats for a bit more flow/sound. then again, full exhaust(headers back) will add to your power and mileage, as well as a maf calibrator from urd(expensive, but a definite improvement,from what i hear.) hope this helps.

3. Jul 28, 2008 at 1:50 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I think the short tube headers, gutted top cats, URD Y-pipe will make the front end of my exhaust system. and then I'm not sure how to finish it up from there-I want a 1-in, 2-out for performance- sound is great but only as a bi-product of power. So I'll be on the hunt for that.

Ok...Here is where my theory knowledge meets I don't really know everything that I'm looking at on my '08 Taco Access.

And finally a question-
    The DT Short tube headers need the first cats from the stock system...Is it an upper O2 sensor that sticks out?? and then the URD y pipe has ports for the lower O2s- so I need both to avoid throwing codes...right??

4. Jul 28, 2008 at 2:17 PM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    I spoke with Gadget 3 at URD and ordered some DT headers..

5. Jul 29, 2008 at 5:51 AM
    danusa

danusa Well-Known Member

Member:
    I ordered the DT long tube headers with the 02 fake out.The headers by themselves will have an interesting sound, I wont do that without 3" pipes. SS would be nice bent in front of the rear wheels.
    I`m putting a TRD S/C on it. So back pressure is not an issue.
    I need the power at low rpm`s. My tach seldom sees 2.000.
    I`ll keep the TRD manifold and exhaust in the barn.
    The law could change.
    I`ll run straight pipes. And if that is too loud, I`ll cut them for some glass packs.

6. Aug 25, 2008 at 10:08 AM
    JesseJames

JesseJames Active Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD
    6" Pro Comp Stage II Lift, 35" Mud Grapplers, TRD CAI, Banks Monster Exhaust...
    Is the pipe bomb worth getting? Performance wise?

7. Aug 25, 2008 at 10:13 AM
    JesseJames

JesseJames Active Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD
    6" Pro Comp Stage II Lift, 35" Mud Grapplers, TRD CAI, Banks Monster Exhaust...
    Or is the URD Y-Pipe better?

Products Discussed in

To Top