Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Exhaust System Upgrades

Old 07-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #41
mcollins is on a distinguished road
mcollins's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Thank you, my good man! In the last 11 years, I have learned alot about these trucks, what works, what doesnt, etc, and I have run many different mods on the dyno (70 or so runs on different vehicles), so I have a REALLY good idea of real world numbers, not seat-of-the-pants results.
So I would have no idea how to figure out the best combination, so if anyone has any suggestions for an exhaust combination for an '05 TRD sport, 4.0L, 4x4, with K&N CAI, I would really appreciate them!

Thanks
Old 07-27-2008, 10:02 AM   #42
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcollins View Post
So I would have no idea how to figure out the best combination, so if anyone has any suggestions for an exhaust combination for an '05 TRD sport, 4.0L, 4x4, with K&N CAI, I would really appreciate them!

Thanks
replace the filter on the k and n cai with an afe pro dry s filter, and get the muffler of your choice. for sound, go with something baffled, like a flowmaster(thats what i love), or something straight thru for performance....like dynomax or magnaflow. you can also straight pipe the 2 rear cats for a bit more flow/sound. then again, full exhaust(headers back) will add to your power and mileage, as well as a maf calibrator from urd(expensive, but a definite improvement,from what i hear.) hope this helps.
Old 07-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #43
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I think the short tube headers, gutted top cats, URD Y-pipe will make the front end of my exhaust system. and then I'm not sure how to finish it up from there-I want a 1-in, 2-out for performance- sound is great but only as a bi-product of power. So I'll be on the hunt for that.

Ok...Here is where my theory knowledge meets I don't really know everything that I'm looking at on my '08 Taco Access.

And finally a question-
The DT Short tube headers need the first cats from the stock system...Is it an upper O2 sensor that sticks out?? and then the URD y pipe has ports for the lower O2s- so I need both to avoid throwing codes...right??
Old 07-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #44
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I spoke with Gadget 3 at URD and ordered some DT headers..
Old 07-29-2008, 05:51 AM   #45
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered the DT long tube headers with the 02 fake out.The headers by themselves will have an interesting sound, I wont do that without 3" pipes. SS would be nice bent in front of the rear wheels.
I`m putting a TRD S/C on it. So back pressure is not an issue.
I need the power at low rpm`s. My tach seldom sees 2.000.
I`ll keep the TRD manifold and exhaust in the barn.
The law could change.
I`ll run straight pipes. And if that is too loud, I`ll cut them for some glass packs.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #46
JesseJames is on a distinguished road
JesseJames's Tacoma Gallery
Is the pipe bomb worth getting? Performance wise?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #47
JesseJames is on a distinguished road
JesseJames's Tacoma Gallery
Or is the URD Y-Pipe better?