Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Best CAI?

Old 03-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Best CAI?

Ok so im sure that the whole which CAI to get question gets run in the ground. And I know that a lot of people say that they are pointless to have, but I just need some input on which CAI is the best in ya'll opinion. For the record I have a 93' Pickup, 3.0 V6 SR5, 5 speed manual.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
well i was gona tell you to search but since you have a '93 I have no idea

edit: get a snorkle!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
KRS1 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Boatswainmate (BM1)
KRS1's Tacoma Gallery
not sure how machanicaly inclined you are and i mean no harm in saying that but i found for my 07 Tacoma V6.... the most cost effictive air intake and still produces improved throttle response and power..... was to build my own..... i don't care for buying things when i can build them...opposed to spending $400.00 on a CAI i spent $110.00 at home depot and got the same results..... so if you got a good imagination and some skill its not that hard... check out my pics for ideas... main things...
1. vac. line
2. MAF sensor... if you got it.... (note 1)
3. crank case vent hose
4. connection to throttle body

those are the main things.... all the bends and everyhing are personal preferance on how you want it to look...the other thing is its not 100% a Cold Air Intake because it doesn't have a box around it that drawn cooler air but you'll be able to tell a diffrence

(note 1)
i busted apart the original air box and cut the MAF mount off the air box and screwed it into th PVC pipe.... then around all the connections i used liquid electrical tape to seal them......
Old 03-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS1 View Post
not sure how machanicaly inclined you are and i mean no harm in saying that but i found for my 07 Tacoma V6.... the most cost effictive air intake and still produces improved throttle response and power..... was to build my own..... i don't care for buying things when i can build them...opposed to spending $400.00 on a CAI i spent $110.00 at home depot and got the same results..... so if you got a good imagination and some skill its not that hard... check out my pics for ideas... main things...
1. vac. line
2. MAF sensor... if you got it.... (note 1)
3. crank case vent hose
4. connection to throttle body

those are the main things.... all the bends and everyhing are personal preferance on how you want it to look...the other thing is its not 100% a Cold Air Intake because it doesn't have a box around it that drawn cooler air but you'll be able to tell a diffrence

(note 1)
i busted apart the original air box and cut the MAF mount off the air box and screwed it into th PVC pipe.... then around all the connections i used liquid electrical tape to seal them......
And yours works just as good you say??
Old 03-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #5
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
deck plate mod or just put a better drop in filter. Not worth the gains or losses IMHO.