1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New 2010--- intake and exaust questions???

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Binny, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:35 AM
    Binny

Binny [OP] Member

Member:
    Just picked up 2010 double cab TRD Long Bed. A nd I had some Intake and Exaust Questions!! First off, will me putting an intake and exuast on my new truck do any long term damage to the engine or screw with the computer... Doing this is not a necessity for me. I just like the idea of it having a bit more power and sounding a lot deeper... Plus I heard if I dont beat on it the MPGS would maybe even get a bit better... Like I said I would never do this if I thought it would take away from the over all life of the truck>>>>> what do you guys think???

2. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:48 AM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Well depends on what brand you get, alot of people say flowmaster you get a decrease in HP, and a CAI shouldn't hurt you in the long run, not sure on the muffler. Good luck. Muffler and HP decrease is just a question of which muffler you get.

3. Mar 30, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    Tacofanatic05'

Tacofanatic05' #1 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Waynesville/Charlotte,NC
    Vehicle:
    05' Tacoma 4x4 sr5, 3 Inch lift
    16'' American Racing wheels, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer St tires, Bilstein 5100 w/eibach coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44, 1 in 2 out exhaust. Tractor Supply Tool Box, No Mud Flaps, Mossy Oak Seat Covers, Oakley Decals, Hoyt Decal, Window tint 20% on sides 5% on top front windshield, Uniden Cb, and Window Deflectors.
    i've got an K&N CAI and a Flowmaster super 44 and i think it is my best investment! It hasn't helped the mpg's much but the power has sumwhat incerased! Hope this helps

4. Apr 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    go with the trd

Products Discussed in

To Top