Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

dealer wont install supercharger because i didnt buy from them

Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
got_titan's Tacoma Gallery
dealer wont install supercharger because i didnt buy from them

you gotta be kidding me! bought two tacomas from them in last two years and i buy the trd charger and they refuse to install it? i can install myself but wanted to keep the factory warranty intact.....i just cant believe they would turn down business? i tried to get them to price match the 3950 from other sellers and they refused....i tried to give them business first.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
got_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nicegot_titan is just really nice
i talked with the service manager and the gm....same thing
Old 03-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
bitches thats messed up
Old 03-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Juiceman will become famous soon enough
Juiceman's Tacoma Gallery
no offense but that sounds perfectly logical. What if there is an internal issue with the Sc?

If they sold it it's on them....They have no idea if your part is good.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #6
its a brand new trd part, the warranty is through trd.....its just like toyota, any toyota dealer will service your truck....any dealer can obtain warranty for trd parts through trd...
Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #7
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post
no offense but that sounds perfectly logical. What if there is an internal issue with the Sc?

If they sold it it's on them....They have no idea if your part is good.
my last truck the dealer would install anything you wanted to put on it. whether or not you bought it from the stealership or from somewhere else..........................i am sure you can find a nearby stealer that would install for you and cover warranty on it. JMO

I owned a Titan though and my dealership was cool...
Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #8
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Try a different stealership.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
so...WTF is up with the service at Toyota dealers?? i read an occasional positive post now & then about good dealer service...but by far the negatives are much more prominent. the local dealer where i'm at lost my business before i bought my tacoma over their "we don't negotiate" policy...yeah...sure i'll give you sticker price i bought from a large dealer about 50 mi away instead b/c they were willing to deal with me. also was that dealer's first spring TSB and they jumped through hoops to make me happy after i got their attention. how can 50miles make such a difference? shouldn't there be some standard that Toyota Motor corp. can hold these asshats to? the TW member who's truck was wrecked while being serviced is the one that took the cake for me...i was dumbfounded that they acted as if it's no big deal and that the owners insurance should pay for the repair! i seriously would've been choking someone out. do they not realize what these trucks mean to most of us? payments & insurance for my truck are a major portion of my $$$ budget and the money i make doesn't come fast or easy to me and if someone were to damage it and just blow it off, i don't know if i could restrain myself....
dammit......sorry...rant over.

total BS they won't install it...you bought the TRUCK there...guess they feel they didn't ass-rape you bad enough on it when you bought it.

seriously...what's going on with customer service/satisfaction at all these dealers????
Old 03-31-2010, 05:02 PM   #11
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer service dept. sucks royally! so much so that i will not buy another vehicle from them ever!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:09 PM   #12
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty gay
Old 03-31-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
86ceeten has a spectacular aura about86ceeten has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
86ceeten's Tacoma Gallery
I'd look at another dealer. They would probably fk it up anyway.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:13 PM   #14
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
I would just try another stealership...
Old 03-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #15
im not mad cause i can install it myself, i just wanted the warranty intact cause i only have 900 miles....i will try another dealer....i just couldnt believe they would turn away business twice!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:17 PM   #16
680680 will become famous soon enough680680 will become famous soon enough
680680's Tacoma Gallery
mydealer installed my supercharger but i did buy it new with the truck
Attached Thumbnails
dealer wont install supercharger because i didnt buy from them-ricks-229.jpg  
Old 04-02-2010, 02:26 AM   #18
Diverstj is on a distinguished road
Diverstj's Tacoma Gallery
If they wouldn't price match AND won't install it that tells you everything you need to know about them.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:59 PM   #19
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverstj View Post
If they wouldn't price match AND won't install it that tells you everything you need to know about them.
x1