Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

All Pro Offroad Tie Rods

Old 03-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
All Pro Offroad Tie Rods

does anyone have experience with them on the tacomas? how to they perform, are they worth the cost or anything you would like to share.

i think my tie rods are going to be failing here pretty soon so im looking into different options for new ones. if someone would tell me a few things that happen for sure when tie rods start to fail so i could either rule this out or continue with the research.

thanks!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worth the 550+ bones?

http://allprooffroad.com/05tacomasteering
Old 03-31-2010, 06:28 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
IDK...but man it'd look sexy
Old 03-31-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
wouldn't want this to happen to you when you're out in the middle of no where.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70eyBmElkqY
Old 03-31-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
def a nice piece of mind to have. how much are new factory tir rods? if they are even half the cost of the all pro's then i'd buy the all pro's.

my heim steering was about same price but def worth it. it's freaking bullet proof
Old 03-31-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
^ I'm surprised I dont see more of these on here
Old 04-01-2010, 07:11 AM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
^ I'm surprised I dont see more of these on here
what? long trav trucks?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #8
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Can i put beefier tie rods in place of the stock tie rods even if i dont have a suspension lift! it just seemes like the stock one are one of the weakest links in the steering system?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessTaco View Post
Can i put beefier tie rods in place of the stock tie rods even if i dont have a suspension lift! it just seemes like the stock one are one of the weakest links in the steering system?
Yep. That's exactly what All Pro's kit is designed for.

Stock vs. the All Pro setup:

If you are running a lift and/or extended travel coilovers, they offer this really cool setup that'll handle the extra travel without binding. I have no idea how that angle piece is machined but it's a work of art.

The new kits come with a boot to cover the end of the power steering rack.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #10
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
nope the weakest link is the driver.

but why spend money upgrading that when you can buy magic parts ?
I LIKE my magic parts.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #11
Ainokea
RecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRecklessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
RecklessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
nope the weakest link is the driver.

but why spend money upgrading that when you can buy magic parts ?
Ok! What magic parts are you talking about?
Old 04-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
Almost there

mjp2 how do i know if my tie rods are crapping out on me?
Old 04-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #13
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
jack the wheels up and grab the tire from either side and shake. if you feel play, they're bad.

not a fan of the lack of lubrication points... or that they are completely open to the elements... doesnt seem like they would last too long
Old 04-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #14

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
mjp2 how do i know if my tie rods are crapping out on me?
Slop in the steering, torn boot, etc. I preemptively replaced mine before they showed signs of wear.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:11 PM   #15
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
what? long trav trucks?
No, I was talking about different tie rods. Before this thread I haven't seen them on here before.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #16

Quote:
No, I was talking about different tie rods. Before this thread I haven't seen them on here before.
gotcha, they are a nice little upgrade but damn, mine are noisy...
Old 04-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #17
iKill

mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Do they help any with giving more adjustment for alignments?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Do they help any with giving more adjustment for alignments?
not really, just beefs up the steering by ditching the tie rods
Old 03-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #19
colorado02taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Cory
colorado02taco's Tacoma Gallery
is there a kit like this for an 02 tacoma
Old 03-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #20
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado02taco View Post
is there a kit like this for an 02 tacoma
Last time I was on their site I couldnt even see them for the 05+ Tacoma, so I think they stopped selling