Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Any advice on a supercharger?

Old 04-04-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
stihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstihlfoursix_0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stihlfoursix_0's Tacoma Gallery
Any advice on a supercharger?

I'm in the market for the alpine supercharger for my 2.7 4cyl, the dealer says it's a bad idea for this engine...they won't even install it! do you guys have any insight? am I going to have to "beef up" any other parts along with the supercharger? thanks a mil
Old 04-04-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
xsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxsvtoyz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: AL
xsvtoyz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stihlfoursix_0 View Post
I'm in the market for the alpine supercharger for my 2.7 4cyl, the dealer says it's a bad idea for this engine...they won't even install it! do you guys have any insight? am I going to have to "beef up" any other parts along with the supercharger? thanks a mil
did mine last January and its awesome I love the whine and the power I have an 03 3rz with the 9psi pulley. ZZZOOOOOOOOMMMMM. make sure you get the piggy back and the 5th injector. I am having a tough time finding a 170 degree Tstat for my 3rz but that does not affect it. I did get the walbro 190 fuel pump just to be sure. even with my pre-runner auto and 265-75-r16 it will still light em up from a stop. I have to drive nice though $175 a tire is too much to waste playing like a kid but I can if I want to.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Well yeah, I probably wouldn't put one on my truck and go- I'd say install it yourself with a boost controller and work your way up from just a few PSI and see what your truck can handle. I don't think they had forced-induction in mind when they designed the 2TR, and I can see why the dealer would be reluctant to put in an aftermarket supercharger because it would make them liable for anything that happens to your engine, wouldn't it? Well, at least they would expect you to return to them, pissed, if things didn't go well.