Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Need Help!

Old 04-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
local_boy_21 is on a distinguished road
local_boy_21's Tacoma Gallery
Need Help!

Hey guys,
1) I want the Flowmasters 40 series but they only make the 50 series for my 2005 Tacoma DC LB. I was wondering how some of you got the 40 series on your truck and where should I get them?

2) If I get the Douglas Long tube, what would go between the headers and cat back system if you have to delete the cat when you install the long tubes?

3) What other mods do I need if I get the TRD S/C, to get the optimal boost?

Thanks
Old 04-05-2010, 03:58 AM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by local_boy_21 View Post
Hey guys,
1) I want the Flowmasters 40 series but they only make the 50 series for my 2005 Tacoma DC LB. I was wondering how some of you got the 40 series on your truck and where should I get them?

2) If I get the Douglas Long tube, what would go between the headers and cat back system if you have to delete the cat when you install the long tubes?

3) What other mods do I need if I get the TRD S/C, to get the optimal boost?

Thanks
1. Buy the muffler by itself, take it to a welder and have them weld it in. Simple as that. Most exhaust shops are usually FM dealers, so you shouldn't have any problems finding one.

2. The DTLT are a bolt-on replacement for the OEM maninfolds. Our trucks have 2 sets of cats, 1 on the manifolds, and 1 in the y-pipe. The y-pipe is going to be the middle man between the headers and catback.

3. A free-flowing CAI will greatly increase the blower's efficiency.