Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

05+ regear 4.56's

Old 04-05-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
05+ regear 4.56's

do you have to regear the front and rear at the same time or is okay to only redo the gearing in the rear and drive with it for awhile. Will anything happen if i throw it into 4wheel drive?

Also does anyone have an exact list of a gear kit for what is needed to redo gearing in a 2005+ tacoma
Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
Do it at the same time. I suppose you could do just the rear for a while but you would have to pull the front drive shaft until you had the front regeared. to keep the transfer case from destroying itself.
thanks i thought that...i just want to know exactly what i need to regear or give to a shop to do it.

Also are you really running 305's on the stock 7" wide wheels with a 3" lift
Old 04-05-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
just for shits and giggles, can you regear the rear first and leave the front stock and engage the 4wd on dry pavement going about oh i dunno.... 20 or 30mph?

just make sure someone is video-taping!

also when you find out part numbers, post em up, cause i want to regear to 4.56's as well
Old 04-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #6
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
yes, please do, and let us know who you go through for the gears. Ill be doing it sometime as well.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:05 PM   #7
Go Big or Go Home!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
Damn near every manufacturer makes rear gears for the 8.4, I like Yukon dont have a reason just do. The front you've only got one choice and that is nitro. A simple call to east coast gear supply can get you set up with everything you need.
thanks thats exectly what i needed to know.

Someone with experience with the regear for the 2ndgen should make a sticky of what exactly is needed to be bought to regear the front and rear and all the info of who to contact to purchase and everything.