Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Air Raid CAI and Hood struts

Old 05-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
Wherever I May Roam
SteelCity will become famous soon enoughSteelCity will become famous soon enough

Navy: Navy Corpsman, LT, FMF (RET), U.S. Marines 4th LSB, Shock-Trauma Platoon
SteelCity's Tacoma Gallery
Air Raid CAI and Hood struts

I have redline hood struts. Anyone know if the Air Raid set up will work with them? It looks like the heat shield is too close to the fender wall for the strut to clear. I suppose it could be modded, but I wanted to check it out first.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #2
vtachtom is on a distinguished road
Name: Tommy
vtachtom's Tacoma Gallery
tis might sound stupid by why do guys change there hood struts? they all do the same thing right?
Old 09-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
I have redline hood struts. Anyone know if the Air Raid set up will work with them? It looks like the heat shield is too close to the fender wall for the strut to clear. I suppose it could be modded, but I wanted to check it out first.
there is still room man!!!! are you gonna buy an airraid??? if so......just a heads up......i have the one from my 06 for sale man....good price too.

from the edge, there should be about an inch and a half or so from where the hood strut will go.

here is pic so you can see where the intake sits.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtachtom View Post
tis might sound stupid by why do guys change there hood struts? they all do the same thing right?
hood struts are the strong arm type shocks that keep the hood up on their own..........tacomas dont come with them, they come with prop rods, so its a great mod.