Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Wicked Flow Exhaust

Old 04-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
tacoma-uzi is on a distinguished road
tacoma-uzi's Tacoma Gallery
Wicked Flow Exhaust

I know people have asked about this before but none of them had the answer I am looking for. I live in Houston, Tx and looked just about everywhere for this but havent found it. I looked it up on the internet and the only places I found that sell it are in California. I didnt even find any online. Does anyone know where I can find one in Houston or at least on the internet?

For those who have never heard of this on a tacoma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDH4g2tVds
Old 04-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #2
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
sounds sick...but i cant help you with any information
Old 04-08-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, I did my homework forever trying to track this down... I could not find one to save my life. I ended up landing on an Aero Turbine setup and am very pleased with the results. If you find one, great, but odds are very much against you because I couldn't find one anyway!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:13 AM   #4
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
yep aero 2525 for the win ^^
Old 04-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
centraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedcentraltaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

centraltaco's Tacoma Gallery
I had an Aero Turbine on my '04 DC TRD OF V6 and it sounded awesome. I am going to get one on my '10 DC TRD OF as soon as I can. Loved the way it sounded.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Subd. What is that video on, can't see it on my work comp.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw. Hot damn that is sexy
Old 04-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
God damn!!!....that makes my FM Super44 sound like a bitch

"runs away crying"
Old 04-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Here was my attempt to acquire that kind of sound... I am very happy with my sound, but I am glad HIKR found those Wicked Flows. I hung up a few mufflers and then bought an aero turbine off of the internet never having heard it. Best one out there IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_qa1bii0Go
Old 04-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #10
ramiroshelby is on a distinguished road
Name: Ramiro
ramiroshelby's Tacoma Gallery
Would anyone know if he used the 2.5" or the 3" od for his set up.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:46 PM   #11
HIKR is on a distinguished road

HIKR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramiroshelby View Post
Would anyone know if he used the 2.5" or the 3" od for his set up.

IIRC he said he used the "3" muffler"...which I took as 3" in and outputs. I haven't heard of anyone doing that. Our piping is 2.25" and most guys either do that or 2.5". Would 3" change the tone?? Is there even a converter for 2.25" to 3"?
Old 04-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #13

HIKR's Tacoma Gallery
The guy definitely said 3" in and out. One of the commenters said he had the same exhaust...here's a video from his vault:

http://www.youtube.com/user/makerchr.../2/JqUPoZ9VYUs

Sounds awesome to me. Here's what it sounds like from inside the cab:

http://www.youtube.com/user/makerchr.../1/LZ7qm69DxVA

I sent him a msg asking if he just replaced the muffler, left the cats, if he's done anything else to the motor, etc. I'm thinking he just did a muffler, put a tip on, and has a K&N CAI (look at his other vid). I wish more have bought this muffler, but from what I've heard I love it. I'm also very impressed w/ their apparent build quality. The Wicked Flow tech said he's not familiar w/ using his mufflers for our 4.0L, but he recommended this model:

18SC224

For those that want to waste a few min's of their life, here is my email to the co. and their response:

Me:
"We Tacoma owners have a hard time making our V6 have a nice throaty and deep sound w/o having a drone, and w/o having it sound raspy and/or ricey. There's one video floating out there of a Tacoma with only a Wicked Flow muffler on it (no headers, resonators apparently still there, and only a CAI noted), and it sounds awesome. Do you have any recommendations as to which of your mufflers would sound best for the 4.0L v6? The guy in the video said it's a 3" inlet muffler, but our stock piping is 2.25" and no one I know goes over 2.5" for inlet/outlet sizes. I know this is all subjective, but I wanted to contact you in case you guys are familiar with our particular engine and which of your mufflers work best with it. Thanks!"

Lorin Millsap's response:
"I cannot say I am familiar with the engine in your trucks, but I am familiar with the situation you are talking about. The drone of most of these mufflers comes from the simple fact that they are not designed to be effective at absorbing sound. When I say they and these, I am reffering to the major brand names, Borla, Corsa, TRD, Magnaflow, Flowmaster. These mufflers have little sound absorbing materials, or they have other design features to make the muffler louder, and this creates the drone.

The WickedFlows are different. They may seem like they are built the same way as the others (straight through perforated tube), but the similarities end there. They use much higher quality steel, where the metal itself cancels out some of the noise, and the packing material is designed to hold up under even the most stressful conditions. We do not use rockwool as a packing because its fine fibers break down over time. Basically, when our muffler was designed, we asked what was the harshest conditions these could encounter and will it hold up to that.

My personal vehicle is a 1994 Ford Aerostar 4.0L. Here you have a meaty sounding V6, in a van that has a larger interior that would tend to resonate. I know from experience that these vans have a terrible drone with Flowmaster 50 series and Magnaflow. I run our 18" WickedFlow with 2.25" pipe and it has no drone at all. It can still produce all the sound I need when I want it to, but at cruise the system goes quiet.

So while I cannot say with complete certainty how it will sound on your vehicle, my experience has been that these are among the quietest smoothest sounding mufflers.

The one I would recommend is the 18SC224. That sticks with your stock size, is capable of producing a descent amount of sound, but is not overly loud and should compliment the vehicle overall."
Old 04-25-2010, 08:34 PM   #16
07taco is on a distinguished road

07taco's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of these mufflers on my truck and i have to say i am very pleased. Its not too loud and you can only tell its there when you step on it . Ive had it for about 1 1/2 years. I will try to get a video of mine. I just had them cut out old muffler put the wicked flow and dumped after axle.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:53 AM   #17
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I did the 13" can. Lorin was awesome to deal with
Old 04-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #18

HIKR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07taco View Post
I have one of these mufflers on my truck and i have to say i am very pleased. Its not too loud and you can only tell its there when you step on it . Ive had it for about 1 1/2 years. I will try to get a video of mine. I just had them cut out old muffler put the wicked flow and dumped after axle.
Please do post a video...I think I'll end up getting the same one that Johnw got (17.5" with 2.5" in/outs). If you can post which muffler you went with that would be great.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #20

Don't have it yet, but I'll get em up as soon as it's on the truck