Notices

changing out spark plugs

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
.Trdtaco315. is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
.Trdtaco315.'s Tacoma Gallery
changing out spark plugs

im about to put in new sparkplugs, whats the best gaping for the spark plug? i have a 03 3.4L. whats the factory setting? any important details while im doing this? i dont wanna screw anything up.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Don't go off ninjin
TacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: AMMO
Name: Daniel
TacomaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I believe if you get the factory plugs they are already preset. At least i didnt gap mine when i replaced them....
Old 04-10-2010, 04:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaDan View Post
I believe if you get the factory plugs they are already preset. At least i didnt gap mine when i replaced them....
well i got some NGK spark plugs but it doesnt say what there gaped at
Old 04-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
Don't go off ninjin
TacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
hmm. Are they the two ground plugs? where did you get them?
Old 04-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #6
Don't go off ninjin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
His engine is the 5VZ-FE not 1-GR...
Old 04-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #7

Quote:
His engine is the 5VZ-FE not 1-GR...
^^yup
Old 04-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
Don't go off ninjin
What do your plugs look like?
Old 04-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #9

Quote:
What do your plugs look like?
the ones i bought?
Old 04-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #10
Don't go off ninjin
Yes
Old 04-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #11
Don't go off ninjin

They should look like this
Old 04-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #12

hmm i dont think they look like that =/
Old 04-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #13
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
subbed.

post a pic of the plugs?
Old 04-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #14
Don't go off ninjin
Do they look like regular one ground type plugs?
Old 04-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #15

^^i will one sec
Old 04-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #16
Don't go off ninjin
http://www.amazon.com/Denso-K16TR11-.../dp/B0012Q60OG

These are the ones in my Truck right now as we are speaking. When i got them they said not to gap them and they were preset... But im looking at my Haynes Manual right now as i am typin and it says gapped at .043 inch
Old 04-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #17
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
You need to gap them no matter what. They get bent up in the box during shipping and handling in the parts store.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:06 PM   #18

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Denso-K16TR11-.../dp/B0012Q60OG

These are the ones in my Truck right now as we are speaking. When i got them they said not to gap them and they were preset... But im looking at my Haynes Manual right now as i am typin and it says gapped at .043 inch
yeah they dont have 2 there just the singles
Old 04-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #19
Don't go off ninjin
I got mine from Toyota an they said that they were pre gapped an not to try to gap them because of the multiground...
Old 04-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #20
Don't go off ninjin
So you got standard plugs. You should be fine as long as you gap those to .043in. There is a note on my timing belt cover that says to use the multiground plug for best performance... hang on ill take a pic

Products Discussed in this Thread