LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

Finally DTLT's L1 series

Old 04-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Name: Kevin
dwntwnall4u's Tacoma Gallery
Finally DTLT's L1 series

I just got these installed, what a PITA but WOW the power!!!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery

Congrats bro!
Old 04-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
Are those new? Never heard them called the L1 series before?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
dwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura aboutdwntwnall4u has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Yes, slightly bigger piping, great for forced induction Tacomas.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwntwnall4u View Post
Yes, slightly bigger piping, great for forced induction Tacomas.
ok how much and where from. Now I have to get a new mod

oooooooh and keep us posted on how hard the install is
Old 04-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
How do they perform on N/A tacoma's? Got a link to a dyno sheet? I'm curious to see what kind of numbers these things can produce.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
what size are the primaries?

Even with F/I, you don't want to go much larger then the original DTLTs. 1.6" is about as large as you want, anything bigger then that will result in poor performance on our trucks, even boosted.

I do NOT recommend these for N/A trucks.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:24 PM   #9
No dyno sheets but for forced induction I feel it is needed. The original ones were designed for slightly modded NA engines. These would not be as good for overall performance for NA.
Old 04-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #10
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
The ideal primary diameter we want for our trucks is between 1.45"-1.55", with the latter being the choice for those wanting to push 400+ hp

When it comes to exhaust headers, bigger is not always better. The original DTLT had a 1.5" primary diameter which is perfect for heavy modded N/A, and even most boosted applications.

The full length headers I'm looking into having built will be tuned for the 4.0L motor with optimal power in mind. The primary diameter that will provide the best power came out to 1.55"-1.65", depending on where you wanted your peak torque. And this is based on the anticipation of pushing around 500rwhp.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
what size are the primaries?

Even with F/I, you don't want to go much larger then the original DTLTs. 1.6" is about as large as you want, anything bigger then that will result in poor performance on our trucks, even boosted.

I do NOT recommend these for N/A trucks.
Primaries are 1 5/8"
Old 04-13-2010, 04:34 AM   #12
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Primaries are 1 5/8"
1.625".. not too bad. I was expecting to hear something like 1 3/4". Its just too bad they didn't address the real issues with the headers.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #13
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Before I get really excited. Are these 100% bolt on no welding or O2 simulater needed.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:09 AM   #14
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question

Quote:
I just got these installed, what a PITA but WOW the power!!!
How and where did you get these. Cant find anywhere. Not even URD or DT has them on there site.

And one more ? why is there a 7th stud hole on the flange. It looks almost like a different pattern, but maybe its just the angle and new size.

Very interested because I am goint to be SC here in next couple months. And these dont look too bad. Even the welds are cleaner.

Thanks..
Old 04-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #15
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Truck View Post
Before I get really excited. Are these 100% bolt on no welding or O2 simulater needed.
They are bolt-on, but by removing the front set of cats, you will throw a code that requires the use of an o2 sim.

And as I stated before, I do not recommend these for N/A, really only high boost trucks should be looking at these, those running 9-10psi or more. All others will see better gains with the smaller ones.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #16
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
How and where did you get these. Cant find anywhere. Not even URD or DT has them on there site.

And one more ? why is there a 7th stud hole on the flange. It looks almost like a different pattern, but maybe its just the angle and new size.

Very interested because I am goint to be SC here in next couple months. And these dont look too bad. Even the welds are cleaner.

Thanks..
My guess is maybe the flanges were adapted to fit a different version of the 1gr? But you are right, the header flange is def different.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #17
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My guess is maybe the flanges were adapted to fit a different version of the 1gr? But you are right, the header flange is def different.

When I was talking to Gadget about these, he mentioned they were making the flange fit both versions

Justin
Old 04-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #18
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They are bolt-on, but by removing the front set of cats, you will throw a code that requires the use of an o2 sim.

And as I stated before, I do not recommend these for N/A, really only high boost trucks should be looking at these, those running 9-10psi or more. All others will see better gains with the smaller ones.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #19
Contact Gadget @ URD, he will set you up. Tell him Kevin sent you.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #20
sp8ed2010 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dale
sp8ed2010's Tacoma Gallery
These just appear to be the new DTLT designed for the new 4.0 thats in the 2010 4runner and fj???