Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

supercharged anyone?

Old 08-08-2008, 08:46 AM   #41
BullKnob is on a distinguished road
BullKnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The TRD Sc is a "Roots" style supercharger, while the URD is a centrifugal supercharger. A Roots type super charger is also known as a "Positive displacement" supercharger, as it pumps its displacement into the motor, i.e. a 65 cubic inch roots blower will pump 65 c.i. every revolution of the impellers. A centrifugal supercharger is like a tubo charger, but with a gear drive instead of an exhaust impeller drive.
So which one would I get the greatest performance out of? I'm trying to be able to smoke the shit out of my friends Hemi
Old 08-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #42
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullKnob View Post
So which one would I get the greatest performance out of? I'm trying to be able to smoke the shit out of my friends Hemi
Im a fan of the Roots style superchargers. If you are on a quest for all out performance, a centrifugal ( URD ) can yeild the most power, but you are going to need a piggy back timeing and fuel controlers. Also, you will need an AFR calibrator and have it propperly tuned on a Dyno. FWIW, the TRD supercharger will be plenty to lay waste to a Hemi Ram.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #43
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
you'd probably smoke your buddy stock. those engines aren't all that great.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #44
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
X2! I can pull from Hemi Rams pretty easy.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #45
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
The Dodge probably weighs twice as much as the Taco. I bet it would be close bone stock. Plus the Dodge would break down anyway.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:47 AM   #46
Banned
danusa will become famous soon enoughdanusa will become famous soon enough
Army: Para Ranger, Inf. SF CIB
danusa's Tacoma Gallery
The Roots delivers at low RPM; which is where I need it. I`m not my friend Bobby Unser.
A turbo charger is of little use to me. I rarely see above 2.000 RPM. It shifts smoothly at 5500 RPM in tests.
Bobby flew from NM to races for many years without a cert.
He is papered up now and flying a Beech Barron.
In some western states, the law says a safe and prudent speed. That would be quite a different speed with me in my Taco and Bobby in a Shelby on an open road.
I feel safe at 90 MPH. 110 is a bit fast for the Taco; in my view.