Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

08 Taco mods need advice

Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
onespidy is on a distinguished road
onespidy's Tacoma Gallery
08 Taco mods need advice

Hi,
I'm new and don't know much about mods but very mechanically capable. I've done so much reading about SC, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, Cat Back etc. etc. etc. I live in in Orange County, CA where I've seen tons of mod on Tacoma. I just purchase and '08 Taco 4x4 LWB with the TRD package. I'm all about functionality but like to keep it smog legal. Looking for more power but trying to keep things simple and legal. Please advice!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 02:48 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by onespidy View Post
Hi,
I'm new and don't know much about mods but very mechanically capable. I've done so much reading about SC, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, Cat Back etc. etc. etc. I live in in Orange County, CA where I've seen tons of mod on Tacoma. I just purchase and '08 Taco 4x4 LWB with the TRD package. I'm all about functionality but like to keep it smog legal. Looking for more power but trying to keep things simple and legal. Please advice!!!
to keep it smog legal, I'm leaning towards getting the TRD supercharger and leaving it alone. Toyota has to install it for you though.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
onespidy is on a distinguished road
onespidy's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if I phrased my post correctly but here it is. I DON'T CARE IF IT'S SMOG LEGAL, ALL I CARE IS THAT IT PASS SMOG TEST WHEN IT COMES TIME. How do those other guys get by?
Old 05-09-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
OK. Even still, I say go with the TRD SC if you can afford it.

I know CA is strict. I don't know if they check the engine bay or just hook up something to the tailpipe and your obdii port.