Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

exhaust set up question

Old 04-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
exhaust set up question

Ok so I got a Jardine Exhaust set up pictured below for an awesome price. When I went to install it I couldn't get the bolts loose. I tried liquid wrench and WD-40 and tons of scrubbing and still no budging. I didn't want to apply too much torque and snap the bolts or mess up the threads so I've been holding up.

So I figured while I'm waiting to figure out how to install it I'd ask if any one thought it'd be worth it to get a flowmaster muffler to install with it (obviously leaving out the muffler that came with the set up seen below). I have no idea how this set up will perform or if the flowmaster would be worth it but I figured since I've seen them for under $100 I don't have that much to lose. Also the muffler below looks longer than the flowmaster muffler's so i have no idea if a flowmaster would fit.

Also if anyone has tips on what I should do about installing it those would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long winded post.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
if i were you, i would sell that jardine, buy a dynomax superturbo for ~$45, and have a reputable muffler shop weld it in to the stock location. much cheaper, and most likely more performance gain
Old 04-22-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
if i were you, i would sell that jardine, buy a dynomax superturbo for ~$45, and have a reputable muffler shop weld it in to the stock location. much cheaper, and most likely more performance gain
yeah i gotta say i was surprised when i got the set up and got under the truck and noticed it looked pretty much the same...if i can sell the jardine im gonna look into that set up...thanks for the input
Old 04-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post

X2
Old 04-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
X2
if i can't sell the jardine should i have the muffler shop put that in anyways or am i better off just leaving the stock pipes and getting the muffler?

also will i run into any issues with my warranty n toyota if I do this? probably shoulda asked that before i dug myself a hole but too late now