Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

exhaust offset help

Old 04-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonah
jodiddly33's Tacoma Gallery
i got my dynomax as 2.5 center in/ 2.5 offset out. hope that helps
Old 04-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
jodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjodiddly33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm not sure exactly actually...if you go to a muffler shop they'll be able to make it fit. they have this cool machine that can widen pipes and they had to use it for mine. so i would say it's better to get too small than too big but what do i know
Old 04-22-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodiddly33 View Post
I'm not sure exactly actually...if you go to a muffler shop they'll be able to make it fit. they have this cool machine that can widen pipes and they had to use it for mine. so i would say it's better to get too small than too big but what do i know
idk hopefully a couple more people will ring in
Old 04-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #6

yeah but i am for sure on the inlet/outlet locations
Old 04-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly any good muffler shop will work with whatever muffler you get to make it fit, and with the small difference between the 2.5 and the 2.75 it shouldn't matter. But if it was a 2.5 and a 3.0 then it would be something different. But just the small difference between the two it really won't matter they will make it fit. They did with my flowmaster. It's easier to get a little bigger and stick the mouth of the muffler onto the pipe and weld around it to build it up than it is to make a smaller pipe bigger. My bet would be to go with 2.75 and they'll fix you right up.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
Big Cat
Nine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to all

Nine Mile Style's Tacoma Gallery
make it an easy deal and go with the 2.5 center/center
Old 04-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #11
Big Cat
Nine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to allNine Mile Style is a name known to all

because thats what your stock muffler is so all you gotta do is cut the stocker out and weld up the new muff and it will fit with no problems you might have to pick up a chunk of pipe from a shop because the aftermarket mufflers are usually alot shorter than the keg sized stock muffler
Old 04-23-2010, 02:43 PM   #12
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Mile Style View Post
because thats what your stock muffler is so all you gotta do is cut the stocker out and weld up the new muff and it will fit with no problems you might have to pick up a chunk of pipe from a shop because the aftermarket mufflers are usually alot shorter than the keg sized stock muffler
very true thanks alot guys hope it sounds good one more question should i buy the 13inch long one or 17 inch?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #13
Big Cat

depends on how loud you want it the shorter it is the louder i would go with the 13 but thats just me
Old 04-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #14
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Stock piping is 2.25"
Old 04-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #15
Big Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Stock piping is 2.25"
im pretty sure its 2.5, at least thats what mine is idk about the prerunner though but i would think that it would be the same
Old 04-24-2010, 01:27 AM   #16
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im pretty sure its 2.5, at least thats what mine is idk about the prerunner though but i would think that it would be the same
The stock tacoma exhaust (pre-runner, x-runner, any other form of 1GR) is 2.25" OD.

Its very possible that you have a 2.5" muffler installed. An exhaust shop can make any muffler fit into any exhaust.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #17
Big Cat

i did it myself and 2.5 muffler fit perfect
Old 04-24-2010, 12:11 PM   #18
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #19
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i did it myself and 2.5 muffler fit perfect
a 2.5" muffler will usually have a 2.25" ID, which will fit over the stock piping.

I've got a pre-runner catback in my garage right now, trust me, stock piping is 2.25" OD