Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

K&N cold air intake

Old 05-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation K&N cold air intake

I just recently got my K&N cold air intake 77series system when i noticed that my truck started to rattle. I check the engine and took of the engine cover because that was put on their wrong and did not fit well anymore, so i thought i fixed the problem when i took it for a drive around the neighborhood. My truck only rattled when i was stopped in Drive, so i stopped and here the rattle. I got out and checked the engine and did not hear a rattle but when i got into the cab again i heard the rattle, COMING FROM THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE DASHBOARD!! If anyone knows that the rattleing is please tell me. i checked the stuff in the glove compartment and still i heard a rattle, so i am worried and now wish i had the stock intake on (the new one arrived damaged and i think is causing the rattle)
Old 05-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Not a big deal Pal- your original air intake has an extension that went from the original airbox into the PASSENGER side fender and extended all the way back towards the passenger side door. Do you think that piece may still be knokking around in there 'cause it's not fastened anymore? I hope that's what it is
Old 05-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Me too but i took that piece out for good untill i can go back up to the place that installed my intake and have them move the pipe more inward so the cover fits perfectly becasue when i popped the hood that thing was just jamed on there. i became up set with my taco for the first time (in a way) because the intakes not working and on a side not i missed the turning of 21000 (i bought the truck with 19997 on it, first thousand miles i put on it lol) i might take my truck to the dealership
Old 05-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gees well I hope you find that trouble...I just can't see how your dash would be affected-unless it was a coincidence
Old 05-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #5
yeah its killing me not knowing whats going on with my tacoma, o and if u have a chance to buy an intake system BUY ONE. so awesome, lots of power
Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
check where the intake tube goes into the hole of the heat shield. mine was rubbing right there. all i did was pull it over and it stayed put, but i'm going to go back and put something soft around the hole to keep it from rubbing if it happens to move back again
Old 05-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
yeah I checked that, and what I noticed was when I turn the engine on the engine like shifts or twists over to the same side the pipe is on and I thought it hit that sheila but it didnt. Oh by the way I think the rattle was the screwdriver in my glove box LOL, once moved the driver no more rattle so far =)
Old 05-12-2008, 11:31 AM   #8

Aint that a kick in the ass!!!! Glad it was nothing
Old 05-12-2008, 11:47 AM   #9
HAHA yeah me too!! Now the only problem is that the engine cover doesn't fit =/
Old 05-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
Pepsi
Playz will become famous soon enoughPlayz will become famous soon enough

Playz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Playz Send a message via Yahoo to Playz
I put my intake back on and it fits perfect. No rattle no rubbing nothing. PERFECT Guess I was a lucky one.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #11
Trade ya, my pipe is damage those bastards sold me a damaged part
Old 05-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #12
but i cant complain because it works great