1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2K miles... Time to mod! AFE / 50 Series Flowmaster

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by RacingRosey, May 11, 2008.

1. May 11, 2008 at 8:11 AM
    RacingRosey

RacingRosey [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab TRD Sport
    Wooohoooo.... I think.

The exhuast came out great. I went with a 2.5" Flowmaster 50 Series, and the shop fabricated a 2.5" tailpipe with a good looking rolled edge stainless tip. This gave the truck a nice mellow tone. They said it really wasn't much different sounding than the TRD/Bosal kit that they just bolted on last week to another DC 4.0L truck.

The jury is still out on the intake. I went with AFE. I obviously didn't do enough research. For some reason I had thought the filter was in an enclosed box like the TRD set up. The install was pretty straight forward, with only one bolt hole on the shroud to be wollered out a little to get it to line up, and there was 1 clamp missing.

At WOT somewhere above 4300RPM and up, it's almost stupid loud. There's actually a resonance vibration that comes into the cab! I actually thought that something with the intake came loose. However, when planned well - a nice WOT stab while driving in traffic, makes people take notice.

Anywho.... That's my story. I'll get some pictures up soon.

Products Discussed in

To Top