Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Performance and Tuning

Notices

o2's bad after 3 months???

Old 04-25-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
o2's bad after 3 months???

I just got back from my buddy's shop. And after reading the code and seeing whats going on. He also checked my cats, and he said they are still good. And I have no exhaust leaks, so he say's my sensor is probably or ready bad..... But any ways Im about to purchase another sensor and was wondering, or want to know If I should get the o2 sim. too? Or just try the new sensors? Thanks!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
No I replaced both of them a while back, but not at the same time, and now the front one is perty black. The code is the p0420.... So I just want everyone to know that bc I didnt replace both sensors at the same time, it allowed the front one to get fould up again, bc the rear was old and not reading right.
I just ordered new sensors, and Im not sure If I should also do the o2 sim. bc I dont want to have this code come back. I know my cats are still good.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
have you tried replacing your gas cap gasket or the entire gas cap yet?? may not be any need to buy another sensor.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #5

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
No,But the sensor to him looks bad. So Im ganna try a new one. How would I know if my cap seal is bad?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #6

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Would it stop clicking? bc mine still clicks and holds pressure. Or could it be the valves on the cap it self not working properly?
Old 04-25-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
No,But the sensor to him looks bad. So Im ganna try a new one. How would I know if my cap seal is bad?
the sensor is gonna be black.......all the exhaust soot comes thru there.

Quote:
Would it stop clicking? bc mine still clicks and holds pressure. Or could it be the valves on the cap it self not working properly?
the valves could be non working to a point.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #8

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well he said it shouldnt be black but a gray color. The Black is caused by a rich mixture caused by the bad sensor. He has been a machanic for 20+ years so I do trust him.

Do you think I should get the o2 sim? to prevent any future problems, or just try out the new sensors? Thanks for the help and info!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Well he said it shouldnt be black but a gray color. The Black is caused by a rich mixture caused by the bad sensor. He has been a machanic for 20+ years so I do trust him.

Do you think I should get the o2 sim? to prevent any future problems, or just try out the new sensors? Thanks for the help and info!
i'd get the sim just because its an easy install and will keep the cel off.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #10

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, I think I will. I just got a good some of money for my birthday, and its going into fixing this stupid problem!
I was going to get me a new guitar or maybe the rear Wet Okoles.... Oh well,
Old 04-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #11

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Well I also got the o2 sim, so hopefully it will work ok. Ive read were a few people have had issues with it, and it threw other codes. Can anyone argue this, or give me some insight on this.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:14 AM   #12
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I also got the o2 sim, so hopefully it will work ok. Ive read were a few people have had issues with it, and it threw other codes. Can anyone argue this, or give me some insight on this.
I'm not exactly sure what your purpose is for installing an 02 simulator?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #13
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Replace the front sensor first. I wouldn't worry about getting the O2 simulator yet

Oh, and what brand of sensor did you get?
Old 04-26-2010, 05:27 AM   #14
ShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
ShadowFalken's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #15

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
^^ Yep! I got the Denso's.... So I geuss I'll go ahead and replace the sensors first, and then see what happens. But If the sim. is needed later on, I will have it. thanks guys!